It pays to read your trestleboard.....

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Well, I'm the lodge webmaster, so I have to read it to put the public parts on the web site :) I'm often amazed at how many people don't read it.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
OK, so now I get to report back. The lodge conferred a 3rd degree and right before closing, I did my proficiency. I was shocked at the compliments I received, including one from a visiting PM who stated in lodge, that it was the best 3rd degree proficiency he ever saw. Our Master pointed out to me that I did it in a manner that said "officer" all over it. He knows I can't do that now, but I did agree to learn the EA Charge.

I felt guilty because the day should have gone to our newly obligated brother, but he pointed out to me that he had it easier than I did!

Following, we had an Agape/Festive Board and it was fantastic. We had several visiting PM's there, including one who was a Master in 1955 and at age 98, still coaches officers!

2SONDAD

Brother Bob, I can honestly say that isn't the case, even though we joked about my becoming master. Every PM of my lodge that I have met and every past and current officer that I know, have all told me to not become an officer if I did not feel I was ready.

Even the current master told me that.

I did laugh at your comment though!!!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Brother Bob, I can honestly say that isn't the case, even though we joked about my becoming master. Every PM of my lodge that I have met and every past and current officer that I know, have all told me to not become an officer if I did not feel I was ready.

Even the current master told me that.

I did laugh at your comment though!!!
You've never heard of Reverse Psychology?

S&F

2SONDAD

You've never heard of Reverse Psychology?

S&F
You could be right......I'm almost done memorizing the EA Charge and and giving serious thought to moving on to the FC Charge! Can the Middle Chamber lecture be far behind??? :)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I love seeing the differences between lodges and this is one of them. In my lodge, the lectures are, for the most part, assigned to each officer. The exception is the Master's Work in the second and third sections of the first degree These can be done by the Master alone or broken up into sections the Wardens do. Most Masters like to do the whole thing at least once.

The Middle Chamber (Winding Staircase) Lecture is only done by the Senior Deacon. This is a rite of passage in my lodge. If you are the SD and can't do that lecture, you will not be allowed to progress to JW.

The JD must do the "three questions" before he will be allowed to be appointed SD.

The Second section of the First Degree is the JW's work and the first half of the third section is the SW's work.

2SONDAD

I really wish there was a way to read about the differences between rituals. I find it fascinating. I don't have much opportunity to travel to observe the differences.

Bob Franks

I really wish there was a way to read about the differences between rituals. I find it fascinating. I don't have much opportunity to travel to observe the differences.
It is an amazing experience to observe rituals in foreign (any other than your GL) jurisdictions!

S&F

2SONDAD

You could be right......I'm almost done memorizing the EA Charge and and giving serious thought to moving on to the FC Charge! Can the Middle Chamber lecture be far behind??? :)
I stand corrected, Brother Bob. You ARE right. The reverse psychology worked. I will be joining the line!

Admittedly, my interest increased after attending The Annual Communication 2 weeks ago. Seemed like a natural next step.

Bob Franks

I stand corrected, Brother Bob. You ARE right. The reverse psychology worked. I will be joining the line!

Admittedly, my interest increased after attending The Annual Communication 2 weeks ago. Seemed like a natural next step.
[chortle]

S&F