joining problems

denney007

i petitioned about a year ago (keep in mind i want to be a mason more than most people who are masons) i sent in my petition and was told that i would be inter viewed. i was given a number to call to set up a good time to meet. i called a few times and got no answer when i did reach someone they said that i wasnt what they wanted. i have never had a criminal record, i am an upstanding citizen, with better morals than most. what happend and can i try to join again. did i do something wrong or did they just not feel like bothering. all the masons that i talked to told me i was just the type of person a mason should be and that i would have no problems joining. i feel as if i was done very wrong but i still want to be a member. someone please help. it has been something i have wanted for many years.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've never heard of an investigating committee telling someone that "you are not what we want " without even talking to the petitioner . A few questions first . Do you know anyone from said lodge that may hold a grudge against you ? Is there someone at the lodge that knows you've done something in your past that may be looked down upon ( not saying that you did , just trying to get some more facts ) ? Do you have any friends/family members from the lodge ? From what state/country are you from ? And lastly , tell us a little about yourself so we can better form an idea as to what is going on.

If you continue to have problems with this lodge , then I would suggest finding another lodge to petition . You may have to wait for a specific amount of time before you may repetition . You could also contact the Grand Lodge of the state you are in and explain your problem . If what you stated is true , and I have know reason to doubt the veracity of your claims, in my opinion , what they did was wrong without even talking to you first . But ,like I stated above , we really need have a little more information to form a more informed answer .

denney007

well i talked to the kentucky state lodge and they told me that they did indeed do something wrong. they gave me all the info of who i need to contact about this and i can repetition at any time. so wish me luck that everything will work out.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
There certainly was something incorrect about the way things were handled. I would apologize for the fraternity in general if the accounts are correct. I would highly suggest that you speak with someone from the local lodge. I am located in Pennsylvania, however, I would assume that there is a contact number for the closest lodge to you in the phone book (normally under fraternal organizations in the yellow pages). There will probably be a recording of some sort identifying day and time of meetings. I would suggest that if you can contact someone from the lodge, and identify yourself as a possible candidate, they should lead you in the right direction. If that fails, you could contact the Grand Lodge of Kentucky and as for contact information on lodges near you.

If Kentucky is like Pennsylvania, after you petition a lodge and are rejected from it, there is a mandatory 6 month waiting period before you may petition again. If you were truly rejected without being interviewed, I would assume that you were not actually rejected, but merely "neglected".

If I may ask another question about things, did you fill out a petition for a specific lodge? A petition is normally signed by two (2) mason's, your recommenders, did that happen that you know of? If it did, I would urge you to speak with either of them about what happened.

Good luck with the process, and please keep us informed on your status.

PS: Hope this and all answers are helpful to you.

denney007

well comes to find out that my recomending mason left that lodge for unknown reasons to me. i did fill out a petition for my local lodgge but also a transfer because i work till about 6 and couldnt make it to that lodge in time to i ask to go to the one that is a few miles (diff town) from where i work.

Ashlar521....i sent you a message did you get it?

i have to call tonight so pray that it all works out for me.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Sorry , did not receive your PM . But best of luck tonight .

If the Mason who signed(recommended) your petition left because of tension between him and the lodge may be why they would not meet with you .

cemab4y

To petition a KY lodge, the petition form must be signed by two(2) masons, who are members in good standing of the lodge that you are petitioning. If either of the recommenders are no longer members, then your petition will be denied, until you can get a replacement co-signer.

I wish you well in your desire to be a mason. I request that you keep us informed of your progress. If you run into any hassles, please let us know, so that we can help you.

Good luck!!

Chris From California

Proud Master Mason
well comes to find out that my recomending mason left that lodge for unknown reasons to me. i did fill out a petition for my local lodgge but also a transfer because i work till about 6 and couldnt make it to that lodge in time to i ask to go to the one that is a few miles (diff town) from where i work.

Ashlar521....i sent you a message did you get it?

i have to call tonight so pray that it all works out for me.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance. Very strange indeed. Any update for us?