keep me in your prayers

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Latest update. I went to provide the follow up sample and asked to see the cytology report showing the abnormal cells. The report basically said the abnormal cells were consistent with stone disease but low grade carcinoma could not be ruled out. There was no evidence of high grade carcinoma.

This is making me feel a lot better as it seems most likely that I just had kidney stones and they are cleared up now.

I had the contrast CT scan yesterday but wont get the results until Monday. Then I am scheduled for the cytoscopy. Thankfully, they already gave me some happy pills to help me relax for it.

Continued prayers Brother....if ya dont mind, would you good brothers say a few good words for me too.....I have caught a serious case of the flu and bronchitis...on top of my messed up shoulder.....They say the Lord only gives us the burdens we can handle.....he must really believe in me right now....

Thanks......on a positive note....I have already lost 8 lbs of my winter insulation.....it is a rough plan and I do not recommend it for anyone!!!

THANK YOU to ALL when remembered me in your prayers....I dont ever remember being that sick in my life....never had a fever of 104 in my life much less for almost three days.... still go a little cough left from the bronchitis but all is back on track to getting my shoulder back in working order....I will eventually have to go back to work...or the old lady is gonna kill me being home this much......shes calling the PT office wanting to know if they will keep me longer...LOL...
Again Thanks for including me in your thoughts and Prayers...

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Fireman. That's the best news I've had all day.

Unfortunately, my news is not so good. It seems I do have Bladder Cancer after all. I got the news this afternoon. Not the kind of thing you want to hear on the phone.

I went to the Urologist's office and got copies of every test report so far as I found that's the most important thing to have when you are talking with Oncologists from my bout with Prostate cancer. Since my regular doctor's office is right next door, I dropped in to let them have copies, too. She insisted on seeing me immediately and dropped what she was doing to squeeze me in.

My Doc explained what was coming and eased a lot of my fears. It seems you can't believe everything you read on the web these days ;) The near future will not be much fun, but it looks like there might be a far future for me based on the advances in treatment. My Doc also happens to be on the Board of the largest health care organization around here. She is getting me in to see the head of the Urology department at Mass General as he specializes in the type of cancer I have.

Keep those prayers coming.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Certainly will Wind, continuing prayers for you, and for a recovery not plagued with much pain and hardship, but with much brotherly love.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Thanks Brethren. Had my third CT Scan yesterday. If they keep this up, they'll have to add radiation poisoning to my troubles ;) What a difference between MGH and the local hospital! I invited the guy who put in my IV to join my darts team :) The CT scan was incredibly thorough with several stages with and without contrast. Before I had even set up an appointment, the Doctor had reviewed my records and talked to his Administrator about the next steps.

On the flip side, I needed the slides from the cytology studies that were at the original Urologist to take to MGH. I called them and was told it would take at least 24 hrs to get them. I expressed my confusion over not having them filed where they could simply go get them and was told they simply don't have the time to do such things. I have to admit at that point, I played the cancer card and asked them who they think might have more time, they or I? I had the slides an hour later :)

In any case, I'm now in the hands of some of the best people in the world specializing in my type of cancer. I have appointments set up for next week and the 30th of this month to find out more. I'll know the results of the CT scan later today but will have to wait for the 30th to determine what stage the cancer is at.

At least MGH has a great salad bar in the cafeteria :)

Zack

They say a positive attitude plays a large roll in cancer treatments.
With your attitude and sense of humor I'm sure all will be well.
Will continue to keep you in my thought s and prayers

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The CT Scan was "Clear". So it looks like this is either a very early diagnosis (a good thing), a very treatable type of cancer that, as my doc explained, forms like a film on the inside of the bladder (another good thing), or a false positive read of the cytology study (a very very good thing that will really piss me off ;) ). I get the latest cytology back next week so we shall see more then.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
the ct scan was "clear". So it looks like this is either a very early diagnosis (a good thing), a very treatable type of cancer that, as my doc explained, forms like a film on the inside of the bladder (another good thing), or a false positive read of the cytology study (a very very good thing that will really piss me off ;) ). I get the latest cytology back next week so we shall see more then.
woot! ! ! ! ! :)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
latest

I met with the surgeon today. It looks like I'm going to the OR for an extensive cytoscopy all the way up to my kidneys on the 30th. The latest cytology said possible malignancy but the surgeon isn't sure if it's bladder or kidneys.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I met with the surgeon today. It looks like I'm going to the OR for an extensive cytoscopy all the way up to my kidneys on the 30th. The latest cytology said possible malignancy but the surgeon isn't sure if it's bladder or kidneys.
You are in my continued prayers Brother.