keep me in your prayers

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I met with the surgeon today. It looks like I'm going to the OR for an extensive cytoscopy all the way up to my kidneys on the 30th. The latest cytology said possible malignancy but the surgeon isn't sure if it's bladder or kidneys.
Soul-Gathering Prayer after a Sudden Shock
Gatherer of Souls, draw to me my scattered soul,

May no part be lost,

May no part be straying.

Preserve my soul in peace

In the soul-shrine of my body.

Prayers in time of crisis from "Celtic Devotional" by Caitlin

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Tomorrow is the day I will hopefully find out for sure if I have cancer or not. I'm scheduled for a cystoscopy at 6:00 AM at Mass General Hospital under full anesthesia. From what I understand, the surgeon will be poking around and will take biopsies if he sees anything suspicious anywhere from my kidneys on down.

I thanked him profusely for knocking me out for this :)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Unfortunately, they found two tumors. I've got a rough road ahead but my chances are good. Treatment starts in a month after I heal from the biopsies.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Blessings and prayers to you and your family my brother. May you have a quick and full recovery. Godspeed

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
got the pathology report. Stage T1 so no penetration of the muscle. Grade 3 - very aggressive and fast growing. 6 weeks of BCG treatment starts the first week in May. Of course they will be on Lodge meeting day :(

Duncan1574

got the pathology report. Stage T1 so no penetration of the muscle. Grade 3 - very aggressive and fast growing. 6 weeks of BCG treatment starts the first week in May. Of course they will be on Lodge meeting day :(
Know that you will be brought up at each of your Lodge's meetings and I will bring you forward at my next stated communication.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Treatments start a week from Thursday. Last week, I complained that I still wasn't getting more than an hour of sleep at a time and they figured out I had an infection. A course of Cipro later and I'm doing better. While I was there, I pleaded with the administrator to reschedule my treatments so I could make lodge meetings. It seems they are filling me up with the bacteria that causes tuberculosis in cows and I have to be very careful where and how I dispose of it for 8 hours after the treatments. My treatments were originally scheduled for 10:00 AM on Lodge days. Lodge meetings start at 6:30. There's no way I could have been there on time. I got them all rescheduled to 8:00 AM and now I can make it and attend my installation as Junior Steward the day before I leave for the Grand Master's Fair.

I'm really not looking forward to these treatments but they are better than the alternative.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Started treatment

Started treatments this morning. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared but it's kicking my butt now.

Duncan1574

You were mentioned at my last Stated Communication. You have more Brothers praying for you than before.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
half way through

I'm half way through my follow-up treatments but the side effects have been kicking my butt. The doc gave me this week off. Only three more treatments to go. Then an other surgery. Then, hopefully, just checkups every 3 months for a while.