keep me in your prayers

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Thank You All

I got a call this morning from the doctor's assistant, she told me the pathology had come back and showed NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER!

The Doctors, Nurses, Medical Assistants and Staff of Mass General, guided by the hand of the GAOTU and your prayers for me can put this one in the win column. I am officially in remission.

The road ahead is still a little bumpy, but I don't have to go back to the hospital for three months. If all is well then, I have three more treatments and then follow-up exams every three months for a while. I'll take it. It's a lot better than the alternative.

Thank you all for the strength of your friendship and your prayers.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I got a call this morning from the doctor's assistant, she told me the pathology had come back and showed NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER!

The Doctors, Nurses, Medical Assistants and Staff of Mass General, guided by the hand of the GAOTU and your prayers for me can put this one in the win column. I am officially in remission.

The road ahead is still a little bumpy, but I don't have to go back to the hospital for three months. If all is well then, I have three more treatments and then follow-up exams every three months for a while. I'll take it. It's a lot better than the alternative.

That is awesome Brother and I pray that the GAOTU keeps you safe and in remission!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip]
Wind-
Not trying to be overly sensitive, but was the 'doctor's assistant' a "PA"?
A Physician Assistant is a licensed medical professional trained to take a medical history, examine the patient, order appropriate labs and imaging studies, assist in surgery, and prescribe medications and other treatments, under the overall supervision of a physician, in primary care and many specialties.
A medical assistant takes vital signs, files charts and puts the patient in the exam room for the visit.

Because of the confusion of terms, there has been a movement recently to change the name universally to Physician Associate.
I have been a PA for over 30 years.

Oh, and congratulations on your great news!
S&F

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

Praise the GAOTU!!!!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Wind-
Not trying to be overly sensitive, but was the 'doctor's assistant' a "PA"?
A Physician Assistant is a licensed medical professional trained to take a medical history, examine the patient, order appropriate labs and imaging studies, assist in surgery, and prescribe medications and other treatments, under the overall supervision of a physician, in primary care and many specialties.
A medical assistant takes vital signs, files charts and puts the patient in the exam room for the visit.

Because of the confusion of terms, there has been a movement recently to change the name universally to Physician Associate.
I have been a PA for over 30 years.

Oh, and congratulations on your great news!
S&F
Lisa, Dr Henney's "assistant" (I hesitate to call her a secretary) is the person I have had most of my contact with. She is not a trained PA or NA, she is the front line of the office. I contact the doctor through her and she contacts me for the doctor. She does the scheduling, answers the phone, etc. Each surgeon I have had dealings with at MGH has one of these hard working people managing his time and handling all the details. She didn't perform any procedures herself, but made sure everything that had to get done was done and done right. I strongly doubt the doctors would be able to function without a "Lisa" in the office.

My wife is the current President of the Massachusetts Society of Medical Assistants. She works at Lahey Hospital and teaches the Medical Assistant certification courses at North Shore Community College. Dr. Henney's assistant, Lisa, is not a Medical Assistant.

I'm sorry if the terms I used are confusing, I felt the term "secretary" didn't convey the complexity of Lisa's job so I called her an "assistant" perhaps administrator might be a better term. The doctor might be the "boss" but Lisa runs the place :)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip] She didn't perform any procedures herself, but made sure everything that had to get done was done and done right. I strongly doubt the doctors would be able to function without a "Lisa" in the office.
[snip]
:)
F'sure!!
I would be crippled without Barb, Jill, and Deanna!

S&F

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Latest Update

Well, I had three months off of treatment after my second surgery and the wonderful results of no new tumors and all biopsies clear. I had a cystoscopy or, as the doc calls it, "a little look-see" on Monday. He confirmed that there were still no tumors. I just got the word on the cytology and no malignant cells were found. I will find out later today what the rest of my treatment will be but it will probably be three more BCG treatments and then three month checkups.

Your prayers and the skill and dedication of the Doctors, Nurses and Researchers who have dedicated their lives to beating this cancer have saved my life. I thank the GAOTU for guiding each of these people in His way.

I'm not done yet, but I'm well on my way to beating this thing. I guess I have more work to do before I join the Celestial Lodge.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Last one

Well, I feel like a got run over by an M1A1 tank right now, but under it all I'm turning cartwheels. This morning was my last BCG treatment for the bladder cancer. I have a checkup in February and every 3 months after that but it looks like the cancer is behind me.

I think God for guiding the hands and minds of the researchers, doctors, nurses and everybody else involved.

On a sad note, the Surgeon's secretary (who really runs the place) lost her husband to cancer last week. It was hard facing her knowing her loss and my survival.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Well, I feel like a got run over by an M1A1 tank right now, but under it all I'm turning cartwheels. This morning was my last BCG treatment for the bladder cancer. I have a checkup in February and every 3 months after that but it looks like the cancer is behind me.

I think God for guiding the hands and minds of the researchers, doctors, nurses and everybody else involved.

On a sad note, the Surgeon's secretary (who really runs the place) lost her husband to cancer last week. It was hard facing her knowing her loss and my survival.
Good news Brother!
Sorry to hear of another victim to Cancer and don't feel bad for your survival, the GAOTU simply needed her husband sooner than you or I.