Knights Templar Relic?

pharris9

Is the image below a genuine Knights Templar Symbol. My father and Grandfather were both Masons and I remember my Dad telling me that the Knights and Masons were entwined. Unfortunately my Dad or Grandfather are no longer around for me to ask what the symbol below is. I turn to this forum for assistance. Can anyone help?
Paula

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It looks like a Maltese Cross to me. I'm not in York Rite, so I really have no idea if it is related to the Templars but we have lots of history buffs here.

pharris9

Well thank you kindly for the reply Windrider. I hope to get identified after all these years. It's gathered rust and I should have taken better care to keep it out of the elements.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Well thank you kindly for the reply Windrider. I hope to get identified after all these years. It's gathered rust and I should have taken better care to keep it out of the elements.
A little information of what it's made out of and what the object is might be helpful in determining the origin.

pharris9

I have no idea what it is, but it has hinges.....or what appears to be such. It also has a ring where a possible lock or hook went on. I am 99% certain that this is a smaller piece to a larger object. I'm going through a-lot of "junk" to see if it fits to anything. I almost trashed it, but a friend said it was the Knight's Templar symbol so I thought I would hang on to it. Now, as far as what it's made of, I'm going to guess iron. It weighs almost 9kgs, so it's by no means aluminum. I have uploaded more pictures for your consideration. Thank You1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

pharris9

That was my first thought. An Iron Stove. I just can't seem to find a company that uses this symbol.