Knights Templar

Tilley81

Can anybody give me any information on the knights templar? I have an old dress sword from my grandmother's uncle, and I was wondering if I could get any information on it. thanks.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm a Knights Templar . They are one of the York Rite bodies . There is three bodies in the York Rite , the Chapter , the Council and Commandery . There are three orders in the Commandery . The Order of the Red Cross , Order of Malta and the Order of the Temple . The Chapter and the Council are open to all faiths , but the Commandery is limited to Christian Masons . If you want info on the sword itself then you may want to get in touch with a local Masonic lodge in your area and ask if they have any York Rite masons as members or can put you in touch with the local York Rite Bodies . It would help if you knew what York Rite he belonged to , sounds to me that the sword is very old .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
You can also do some investigating of your own if you wish. The swords are part of an ensamble worn during meeting and public events. The swords are made by a normal sword manufacturer with the buyers monogram engraved on the handle, their name, and normally their commandry name / number of their conclave engraved on the blade. and also on the sheath. You can see if you can find anything on those pieces and search for information. Or if you can identify the location, attempt to get in touch with a member.