Leo

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
I have just been cornered, asked or I may have volunteered to be the Lodge Education Officer. Any good resources out there. Are the short talk bulletins available online?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Did you have to pay a subscription for the MSA? And I have seen the Masonic Trowel. That site is fantastic.
My Father-in-law was our lodge secretary and he was getting them in the mail and just had them sent to my house . I honestly don'tknow if you have to pay for them but I think he was getting them for free .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Rusty,
Are you the to provide "programs" for your monthly meetings, or are you suppose to be the "ritual and masonic education" person. The ritual and masonic education person needs to know all of the work, as well as train those coming in. If you are that person, I applaud you even more, my father was the education chairman for our lodge, and I assisted him most of the time, educating the floor officers, as well as the elected officers. "The ritual hasn't changed for 200 years" as I have been told, but be warned, It seems to change every year, unless there is someone steadfast in the work. Programs are an excellent thing that should be presented in lodge, they don't always have to be masonic related, but look at your lodge attendance and possibly have a program relating to general interests in the lodge, If the presenter is not a mason, have the program before the meeting, such as with dinner, or something. This would also provide an opportunity for the family to attend these programs as well.

This was just a thought, I hope you can find the information you are after.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
BG_trbl, more on the line of program education. I dont think I am ready to be the RaMEO. Maybe in the future, after I sit in the east. BTW, your father seems like one hell of a man. My hats off to him, as a mason, and obviously a good father as well!!
Thanks for the encouragement.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Thank you so very much Rusty, My father truly is a great man, and a great mason, We have really taken the Masonic way of living to heart and try to extend our right hand in friendship and brotherly love as often as we can, We have both been to the East twice and both have truly enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, I feel so strongly about the fraternity that I named my son "Mason" I just hope one day he will appreciate the fraternity as much as me. Still has 16 years to decide though.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yes , I tip my hat to you and your father as well BG_TRBL . I have no children myself to follow in my foot tracks , but my nephew who is now in his early twenty's just may . He thought it was funny when I first became a Mason and would sing the Simpson's Stoncutter song when he was around me , but now he wants to join my lodge after he gets out of college . He told his Grandmother ( my Mom) that he has seen such a change in me ,for the better ,in the last few years that he now wants to be a part of it . Does me proud .

Sorry to have went off topic , but I liked the direction this thread went .

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
3 sons here, 16, 11 and 7. I am a first generation mason, so I have my fingers crossed. I just hope I am raising them to be good kids, so far, so good.... Simpsons Stonecutter song???? I'll have to look it up.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Fox made them remove most all of the Simpson's clips from youtube . Don't be afraid to admit your ringtone is the Stonecutters song .My ringtone is Quagmire's "I'm in, giggity , giggity , giggity goo" from The Family Guy . I get some wierd looks out in public when I get a call .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I actually think its funny. But i'm sure there are some out there who may not. I admit I'm a bit crazy with ring tones. I change them up, and most people have their own ring tone so I don't have to look at the phone. I've had a few from Quagmire and family guy.