Let's say a prayer for Fireman!

G

Gary

Bro. Fireman had his shoulder surgery today. Let's keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Many THANKS Brothers.....surgery went well......typing left handed is fun.....had a nerve block and its a very odd feeling......start PT on the 21st......

G

Gary

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Does this mean your better half gets to play nurse? I'll bet that's going over good. We Firefighters make crappy patients...:p

Hope you feel better soon Bro!

Yes...she is playing nurse....just wont wear the outfit (you would think she would...sine I am sure it would make me feel better).............and yes Brother Gary....we make horrible patients.....I didnt want to take a pain pill before I went to sleep, the nerve block was still working.....well early this morning the nerve block had worn off and I woke up feeling like some one had poked four holes in my shoulder...lol.....lesson learned...

Thanks to all for the Prayers.....

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Bro. Fireman you could always try the "to honor and obey" portion to get the outfit on... but that tends to backfire on me but hey. You're in pain it might work. Best wishes brother.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Many THANKS Brothers.....surgery went well......typing left handed is fun.....had a nerve block and its a very odd feeling......start PT on the 21st......
PT will be REAL fun.
Had a sadistic queen Physical Therapist in '94, when I had a comminuted right radius-ulna fracture, with closed reduction-external fixation (antique doctor/antique pin&plaster!). After 8 week in cast/traction, I started PT.
She was brutal, heartless, and very professional. I would walk out covered in sweat after a workout that exercised only my right wrist and hand.
...And I got my perfectly functional right wrist back!
Thank you, darlin'! God will smile on you for the fine work you do.

S&F

G

Gary

Well, you know...If she wore the outfit, he'd prolly play "injured" a lot longer than necessary just to keep her in it longer...LOL

Seriously though, it's a wonderful thing we have in a wife. They take good loving care of us when we need it most.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Fireman, I pray you will be up and about and fully recovered so you can run into those burning buildings while every sane person runs out :D

SMIB..... Brother Windrider...... shoulder injury is only one of a few I am currently dealing with..... alot of firefighters suffer with the same issues.....please keep them in your thoughts too

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Got an update from Fireman today. He had surgery on the 26th and is recovering at home now. He thanks us all for he prayers and hopes they will keep coming. I know he is in my prayers.

There's a chance his injuries may disable him enough that he would not be able to continue in his profession. I know if anyone could overcome that, it's him. Let's all call on the GAOTU to help him as much as he has helped me and keep our brother where he belongs.