Lifetime Dues

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ok, so I found something interesting out. If you pay your lifetime dues, the money gets put into an account, and the interest is used to pay the per capita with the Lodge keeping the rest. Now this makes me think. Although I'm not sure if I will stay in this area of Florida for the rest of my life, I would always like to have membership here. If I do this, the Lodge will be receiving money from this long after I've retired to the Great Lodge. To me it seems like a great way to support the Lodge for all time.

Just something I felt like sharing.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
It would be a great way to keep your membership in your Mother Lodge, and to help for years to come. Some Lodges have an endowment for that very purpose.

RoughAshlar

Do you have any more information on this? The cost of the lifetime dues, how they are invested etc? We dont have anything like this in my lodge and Im thinking of doing up a proposal. Id like to see how other lodges are doing this beforehand.

mark

Well yes, This idea is kind of long term planning and will help in the distant future as well. It benefits us the same way as our savings does.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Do you have any more information on this? The cost of the lifetime dues, how they are invested etc? We dont have anything like this in my lodge and Im thinking of doing up a proposal. Id like to see how other lodges are doing this beforehand.

It is going to vary. Usually the Grand Lodge has a system in place for this. It is based on 20 years membership in FL if I remember correctly based on the current rates. So if your Lodge dues are $50 a year, times that by 20 ($1000) and thats the life time dues.

Again depending on the Grand Lodge if I read correctly will depend on how the funds are managed. Some Grand Lodges keep the money and put it into a fund and the Lodge gets money each year. Others the Lodge keeps the money, puts it in a fund and then pays the Grand Lodge every year out of that fund.