Lodge History

juniordeacon85

NC MASON
I started this thread for a place for brothers to have a place to tell a little history about their lodge.
While I know little about my lodge as i am researching it now a lodge in the next town Royal White Heart #2 in Halifax NC ( about 40 miles away) is very historic George Washington visited there many times and they still have the chair he sat in and no one has sat in it since. and Joesph Montfort, the only Grand Master of Masons of America is buried in the front lawn. its a wonderful place to visit. also list any tips you may have on researching the history of your lodge.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've been trying to dig up the history of my Lodge for their website. I haven't had the time lately to go through the Library to dig anything up, but from talking to a few of the older members I found out the name Pearl of the West was suggested by a Brother either from a Lodge he belonged to in Asia or California (heard two different versions) that was called Pearl of the East.

Also of course our charter has that year of January 19, 1922.

Not much more info has been given up yet.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Green-Moo,
That's a good question, the only thing I can come up with as a response is that it reinforces the concept that we (as freemasons) are part of the oldest fraternity in the world. Also it supports the notion that each lodge has been able to meet and flurish over such an extended period of time. Certain requirements must be met by each individual lodge in order to retain their charter, this shows that information has been passed down to others and retains the landmarks of freemasonry.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've been trying to find old pictures and history of the original building my lodge started out in . Sadly ,it burned to the ground in the 50's with all our history . Since then no one seemed to care enough to gather up the lost history , so myself and a couple of others have took upon ourselves . We started searching for pictures of all our Past Masters to frame and put up on the walls , surprisingly , it has been easier to get the pictures of our first Masters of my lodge from the 1890's than it has been to get pictures of our PM's 10 years ago . I have found a member who as copies of our minutes from that period so I'm in the process of transferring it to data CD's .

To the question of why I'm proud of my lodge is because we are a small country lodge way out in the sticks were everyone knows each other and investigations are easy because we have all grew up there and all our families are tied to one another's .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I actually forgot to mention that I am lucky to be a member of a lodge which has actually been in existance under the same charter for 160 years so far. We had our 150th anniversary in 1998. It was quite interesting, My father happened to be Worshipful Master that year, he and another of the line officers started to research the lodge history and put together a 12-15 page booklet that they passed out during a special cerimonial dinner. The Right Worshipful Grand Master of Pennsylvania attended the event as well. It was quite a to do in our little burg of the world. I just thought it was amazing that we (our lodge) was located in our area for that long. Unfortunately not in the same building. The lodge burnt down twice in its history, and moved 3 times that I know of (in the last 50 years or so).
Its amazing also to know that regardless if the charter is 1 year old, or 200 years old, we all meet and enjoy the same benefits and privledges.
I am truly proud of my history as well.