Lodge Websites

Laxguy38922

I am currently trying to make a website for my lodge. I was wondering if any of you had and ideas for pages on the site.

So far I have an About Us which gives the history of our lodge/freemasonry and what Freemasonry is all about, News which has stuff like info on the Breakfast with Santa we have, Blood Donation Date at Our Lodge, Trip to the PA Grand Lodge and Congrats to our newly made brothers , Become A Freemason which has the requirements to be a freemason/a short paragraph on the process and a link to a petition, Contact Us which has our address, email, when we meet and a box that you type you address into and it will print you directions

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Have you defined the purpose of your website?
It is there as a billboard so people can find the Lodge from the 'Net?
An information source for members and/or non-members?
Recruitment tool?
Community service?
Public Relations?

Each if these is similar but the front page's focus is different.

I would 'shop' other lodge's websites to see what works and what doesn't.

I have some experience in page design but mostly for retail purposes.

New & trendy is blogs, Facebook pages, and Twitter. These can all be linked together with 'like', 'follow' buttons. In any case you need to be updating the site at least once a week to keep it interesting, relevant, and timely. (Nothing like last August's events still listed as current...)

G

Gary

Here is a link to the one I built for my Lodge;

Springs Lodge- Home Page

It's still being developed, but the basics are there. Simple, loads fast, and no crappy music or animations to distract the viewer....

G

Gary

Yeah, no pics...Yet. I have asked for some to be sent to me for use, but have not received any yet. :rolleyes:

So, they got a barebones, basic webpage. The good news is that it works...LOL

Laxguy38922

I spent only an hour or so working on it but this is what I have so far... phoenixlodge75.com

I know not all of it is finished but any input would be appreciated

G

Gary

I spent only an hour or so working on it but this is what I have so far... phoenixlodge75.com

I know not all of it is finished but any input would be appreciated
Show off. :D

It looks really good! My only suggestion is to center the tables on the home page to match your other pages. Other than that, it's very nice work!

Ironhawg

Where would be a good place to start if someone wanted to begin learning about designing websites? I am new to our lodge, but our website looks old to me. It could use some updated colors and graphics. I'd like to offer to help, but I don't know squat about website design.

Laxguy38922

It is either learn html,which will take you a long time or try to find a free website template builder. There are a bunch online, luckly the company we used had a easy to navigate program because I had no idea what I was doing. I think the one member of my lodge still would have a list of different template builders that I can get from him tomorrow.

MAC

I was new to the website design also. But was able to build one in about a day using Google Sites. It ofers a load of add on applications like calendars and all kinds of documents that can be embeded and shared with colaborators. There are no pop up ads or ads on your page. It is free. And later down the road you could port it to another web hosting site. Learning it was easy, Just go to google videos and find how to's on the subject or go to Digitalgoulash.com. This guy will show you how to get one started. Here is our lodges site, Costructed using Google Sites.
https://sites.google.com/site/24thdistrictlakeerielodge347/
have a good day Brothers.

Ironhawg

I was new to the website design also. But was able to build one in about a day using Google Sites. It ofers a load of add on applications like calendars and all kinds of documents that can be embeded and shared with colaborators. There are no pop up ads or ads on your page. It is free. And later down the road you could port it to another web hosting site. Learning it was easy, Just go to google videos and find how to's on the subject or go to Digitalgoulash.com. This guy will show you how to get one started. Here is our lodges site, Costructed using Google Sites.
https://sites.google.com/site/24thdistrictlakeerielodge347/
have a good day Brothers.

Thanks for the information. I have done a little programming in Visual Basic, but just a little. I wouldn't mind learning to write some code.

iMav

-==-
The first thing I did after I received my EA was to get going on a website for our lodge.

Columbus Masonic Lodge #75

Another lodge in Wisconsin liked it so much they asked if they could copy a lot of it. We had no issues with that as it is the highest form of flattery. ;)

Fort Winnebago Lodge #33

We have a "tiled" section with some additional info for the brothers. They have to register and then have their permissions elevated to see any of that content. (include things such as a link to MORI, brothers' blogs, etc)

Winter

I've been here before
The first thing I did after I received my EA was to get going on a website for our lodge.

Columbus Masonic Lodge #75

Another lodge in Wisconsin liked it so much they asked if they could copy a lot of it. We had no issues with that as it is the highest form of flattery. ;)

Fort Winnebago Lodge #33

We have a "tiled" section with some additional info for the brothers. They have to register and then have their permissions elevated to see any of that content. (include things such as a link to MORI, brothers' blogs, etc)
Come visit Ben Franklin #83! here in Wisconsin1 YouTube - If I had a Murloc (From Taverncast)