Master Craftsman Program - Courses 1&2

Winter

I've been here before
Same here. Demitted from SR & YR. Craft Masonry has enough to keep a man busy for a lifetime!

G

Gary

You guys are no help...LOL

That just prompted me to send a PM to both of you, I want some opinions.

Is this only available to members of the SJ???.... It sounds interesting...I am joining the Valley of Indianapolis...NMJ...on 20-NOV-2010....if you are in the area...stop in

G

Gary

It's offered by the SJ, but I would think that anyone could take the courses. There is no stipulation noted on the website stating otherwise.

I ordered the first course today. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

G

Gary

I received the book and first test today. The book is the new second edition and is a very nice volume. I plan on starting once I finish reading Esoterika.

The test has a section that you fill in regarding your address, SR valley etc. As I'm not a SR Mason yet, I don't know that I can submit the test yet for grading.

I received a petition for the SJ SR, but will have to wait until April to get all the formalities taken care of. I may just email the Supreme Council and ask if I can do part one of the course as a Master Mason, but it is of no consequence though if I can't. I'll begin reading it while I wait.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
To be honest Gary , I really do not think you can turn it in yet . If I am remembering correctly from the Scottish Rite Geeks ( sorry , it is a term we use in teasing but with affection for a group of SR Masons in my area , so SR Masons need not take offense) , one must be a SR Mason before they will even grade it , let alone send you your cert and pin .

G

Gary

Ashlar, you kill me...LOL

I contacted Bro. Art De Hoyos, who told me that yes, I can do the course. He told me that I may want to contact the Valley that I petition in order to see if they include MC as part of their program for new members though (to save me money).

I don't consider a 33rd degree Mason any more important or magnificent than any other man who walks the earth. They put their pants on the same way I do.

So for me, it ain't about "numbers". It's about esoteric study. It's about me, not them.

While I can't speak for others, I have seen the things of which you speak. If that is what "they" are in it for, that is truly sad and pathetic. Not to mention unmasonic in my opinion.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ah , your way was way easier and much safer .

No these Bro's are not out only for titles , the know each degree backwards and forwards , can go into deep and meaningful conversations about the meaning of each degree . They are very serious about it , but can put you to sleep with it because this is all they want to talk about .

G

Gary

I thought my way was safer too. LOL

I got a response from the local Valley, they have no objection to me going ahead and taking the course, and were happy I was planning to do so. I'm going to start this weekend if I get time.

Yeah, I agree that there is more to fellowship than just discussing the work ad nauseum. The reading alone can be dry at times, I can only imagine the discussions...:D

1tnmason

sr sj

I went sr sj in 1994 went through it but never went to any of the meetings had friends that were crazy about it and never missed a meeting.I demitted after 4 yrs but was so busy with the Shrine and BL didnt have time for much else.Was very interesting to go through if i get time later in life may go back and try being active in sr but for now busy with the kids.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There is nothing wrong with any of the other bodies , my statements above are a joke between a few of us YR Masons and a few SR Masons here in my area .

They have their own jokes about us . It's a little back and forth we have . So please , everyone , what I stated above was a joke .

G

Gary

I'm pretty sure that no offense was taken. I know I wasn't bothered by your banter... I'm used to that kind of stuff in the Fire Service. :D

G

Gary

Back on topic....

I received the OK from the local Valley and the SR Supreme Council to take the first part of the course. I've got everything from the first lesson completed except the essay. Once I do that, then we'll see if they will grade it...LOL

It's been pretty interesting so far. Mostly introductory, but educational and fun.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I may take the course later down the road but I have started to re-read all my books on the Craft degrees once again and working on preparing some short lectures for the lodge .