Master Craftsman Program - Courses 1&2

G

Gary

To be honest Gary , I really do not think you can turn it in yet . one must be a SR Mason before they will even grade it , let alone send you your cert and pin .
You have to be SR to take the Part 2 of the program. That is when you get a certificate and pin. I specifically asked them and told them my circumstances, and they said no problem for the first course.

I'm going to send it in. If they choose not to grade it, I'll be miffed. LOL

Anyhoo...I still got a $60 book for 35 clams...:D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ocala sent me the petition. I still have to fill it out etc.... They won't have another reunion until April 2011.
So you are going up there instead of Tampa. Ocala might be closer, not sure.

I know in Tampa their last vote for accepting was the 28th. Thankfully another Brother from my Lodge got in for the vote. Two other Brothers who just went through may be going down to see some of the work too.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You have to be SR to take the Part 2 of the program. That is when you get a certificate and pin. I specifically asked them and told them my circumstances, and they said no problem for the first course.

I'm going to send it in. If they choose not to grade it, I'll be miffed. LOL

Anyhoo...I still got a $60 book for 35 clams...:D
Ah , okay , that works .

HarrisonK

This might be a dumb question to some but do you have to be a freemason in order to take this course?

I'm not a mason, because I am not old enough yet, but I am very interested.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
This might be a dumb question to some but do you have to be a freemason in order to take this course?

I'm not a mason, because I am not old enough yet, but I am very interested.
I have not taken the course, but I ordered it yesterday and already received it somehow due to all the talk. I had to find out what it is like and will start it in two weeks after I go through.

That being said, when ordering it did ask about my Lodge and such, so I'm going to have to say yes you will need to be.

HarrisonK

I have not taken the course, but I ordered it yesterday and already received it somehow due to all the talk. I had to find out what it is like and will start it in two weeks after I go through.

That being said, when ordering it did ask about my Lodge and such, so I'm going to have to say yes you will need to be.
Thanks for the response. I'm living in D.C. now so I might take a ride over to the Supreme Council this weekend and talk to them in person.

G

Gary

Living in DC you will certainly be in for a masonic treat. The place is loaded with symbolism.

I'm sure they will tell you that you need to be a Master Mason as well before taking the Master Craftsman program.

But don't let that discourage you. Once you are of age, if you choose to petition a Lodge and become a Master Mason you'll be eligible for the MC program if that's what you want to do. Before doing that, the course would make absolutely no sense to you even if you could do it.

You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. The Blue Lodge is where it all starts. It is the foundation ALL of the other bodies of Freemasonry.

dwatt

To be honest Gary , I really do not think you can turn it in yet . If I am remembering correctly from the Scottish Rite Geeks ( sorry , it is a term we use in teasing but with affection for a group of SR Masons in my area , so SR Masons need not take offense) , one must be a SR Mason before they will even grade it , let alone send you your cert and pin .
Gary,

No offense taken. Your assumption is correct. On the form, you will be asked which valley you are from and what your member number is.

Don

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
G

Gary

Gary,

<snip>Your assumption is correct. On the form, you will be asked which valley you are from and what your member number is.

Don
Yup. I just fill in the valley that I'm petitioning, and in member number slot , I write pending petition. I'm on test three so far. They grade them. I have to be SR before I can take the MC2 however. If all goes well, that won't be an issue come April.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Has anyone found a course for blue lodge masons?
Also check with your Grand Lodge. Frequently they have courses available (although the most common is on your local Code ... handy to know, but not really fascinating. ;) ) As Winter has posted, there's lotsa stuff on the 'net, too. AND the EIEIO offers a course, but once you've taken it, we have to kill you. ;)

johnj1582

OK guys... I have a question. I am supposed to be getting my member card in the mail for SR sometime soon, but I've already finished (and absentmindedly mailed) Quiz I WITHOUT a member number on it... All the other info is there, though. Do you think this will pose a problem for my grading? I'd imagine they can just look me up, but my main worry is that I may not even be in the system yet.

Or will they just be surprised to find that I sent back Quiz I within 48 hours of receiving the 32nd? lol