Master Mason Am I

Thursday evening 8/21, I received my 3rd. It was absolutely amazing. The lodge went all out with dinner, filet mignon, baked potatoes, salad, and baked goods. I received my apron, bible (all brothers signed), Tennessee craftsman, due's card, and a framed "Great Light Certificate". The lodge put a notice in the local paper so we had a bunch of brothers there, and a few visitors from Bath Maine, Ft. Pierce Florida, and Rancho something or other California. I am really stoked, and ready to go full steam ahead into the York right. I am also attending a dinner this evening for 50 year, Past Masters, and Widows put on by the local O.E.S chapter. As the newest MM I've been asked to introduce my self and say a few words at the dinner. Thanks for the guidance and support from the members of this forum.

I'm ready to go ring shopping, any suggestion's?

All the best,

Matt

Esquire

Master Mason
Congrats! Lord willing, I will pass to Fellow Craft on the 28th and be raised a Master Mason at the end of September. I'm really looking forward to it, all the more so after reading your post!

walls0stone

Awsome!

I picked up my 3rd in March, but I'm waiting on my old friend from Childhood..a guy I have known so long, I can not recal a day I did not know him...He will have his first D soon and then We will do more steps together. I picked up my ring from a man jewler in Pittsburg who aquired them from an old Masonic Jewler in Germany, the S&C is carved into the Onyx stone on a 45 and other significant details.

I barterered it for stone work.:D

Glad 4 you brother!:D:D:D

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Congrats Matt ! There's nothing like slipping that ring on for the first time .

I am delighted in hearing that you are excited to go into the York Rite , very few in my area do , I'm the only YR Mason in my Lodge . One word of advice though , take your time and don't let them push you to fast . If it is the same down there like it is here ,you'll have petitions from every appendant body shoved in your face now . The very morning I was Raised a few were already trying to get me to fill out petitions for the Shrine and the SR . I had to put my foot down and tell them no , I'll join when I'm ready . Take your time , learn from the blue lodge and enjoy it , all the other appendant bodies will still be there when you are ready .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats on being raised. I truly enjoyed my 3rd, and even enjoy participating in it more. I wish you the best of luck with your pursuits in masonry. I am sure you will enjoy Y.R. degree's as well. I know I enjoyed all of them.

walls0stone

before mine, they had a dinner, big ol meal... all the men started to get sleepy. I'm in the room... half way into the night, W.M's mind went blank. he looked at me and said in a low town " what comes next?"

I said back, "Don't look at me, I'm new here."

From the Peanutt Gallery some 90 y/o says.. "start over":)

realy fun

Esquire

Master Mason
before mine, they had a dinner, big ol meal... all the men started to get sleepy. I'm in the room... half way into the night, W.M's mind went blank. he looked at me and said in a low town " what comes next?"

I said back, "Don't look at me, I'm new here."

From the Peanutt Gallery some 90 y/o says.. "start over":)

realy fun
That's why they do the dinner afterward in my lodge.