Met a Brother who is SR

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
So I am talking to a customer yesterday and I notice that he has the Forget Me Not pin on his jacket, which I notices later ahd a brocade SR double eagle on it, we talked for abit, he sgowed up later with two petitions for myself and my SD (Who also works there) and an invite to compilmentary fish fry and tour. :)
He was elevated to 33nd last year. :)

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
So I am talking to a customer yesterday and I notice that he has the Forget Me Not pin on his jacket, which I notices later ahd a brocade SR double eagle on it, we talked for abit, he sgowed up later with two petitions for myself and my SD (Who also works there) and an invite to compilmentary fish fry and tour. :)
He was elevated to 33nd last year. :)
Scottish Rite is a worthwhile endeavor. So is York Rite. The question you need to ask is: do either of these organizations meet closely enough to me that I would regularly attend the meetings? If the answer is NOT a resounding "Yes" then why bother? Like Blue Lodge, the Rites do not need MORE members, they need ACTIVE members.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Scottish Rite is a worthwhile endeavor. So is York Rite. The question you need to ask is: do either of these organizations meet closely enough to me that I would regularly attend the meetings? If the answer is NOT a resounding "Yes" then why bother? Like Blue Lodge, the Rites do not need MORE members, they need ACTIVE members.
This is true . This is why I left the the SR , I am much to far away from my Valley to be active . I was paying them for nothing .

In my jurisdiction there is at least one YR body in each district . My district has 2 York Rite bodies . I could throw a rock and hit our Masonic temple where my York Rite meets .