Military Mason

Kenderick Street

Greetings All,
I am writing this to hopefully, in the near future, become part of such a great fraternity of men.
I first became interested in Freemasonry in my adolescent-teen years as I inquired of the brotherhood from a friend of the family. Through out my years of growing and understanding and the knowledge that I have gained has led me to want to be a Mason all the more. Following a strong drive to better myself I joined the military and was deployed for the greater portion of my first enlistment and am now serving overseas in Okinawa, Japan.
I am currently not slated to deploy any time soon or change duty stations for a while and would like to devote this time to becoming your fellow brother.
With that said, does anyone know of any Freemasons that I may contact for further discussion here and also will I have to change memberships to each lodge every time I change duty stations?
Thank you all for your help.

goomba

I am a US Army veteran. However, I did not join the fraternity until after I got out. If you are Master Mason you can visit any lodge that your Grand Lodge has fraternal relations with. Your best bet would be to talk to a lodge in your area and see if any troops are members.

Kenderick Street

I am a US Army veteran. However, I did not join the fraternity until after I got out. If you are Master Mason you can visit any lodge that your Grand Lodge has fraternal relations with. Your best bet would be to talk to a lodge in your area and see if any troops are members.
Thanks goomba for your reply. I am not a Master Mason, but looking to join the fraternity. I am currently researching lodges with no exact locations or websites that haven't been updated for a few years. I will continue the search. Again thank you.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Thanks goomba for your reply. I am not a Master Mason, but looking to join the fraternity. I am currently researching lodges with no exact locations or websites that haven't been updated for a few years. I will continue the search. Again thank you.

Google the Grand Lodge in your state. They will have a listing of regular Lodges in your area. Judging by your avatar, you are in Georgia? Try this..
HTML:
http://www.glofga.org/

Kenderick Street

Google the Grand Lodge in your state. They will have a listing of regular Lodges in your area. Judging by your avatar, you are in Georgia? Try this..
HTML:
Thanks Gary. I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Upon researching I have found the Grand Lodges (in mainland-Tokyo), but most of the lodges here in Okinawa have either web pages that are not current or do not provide the information needed for contact purposes. I will continue the search.
Thanks for your help.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
HTML:
Thanks Gary. I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Upon researching I have found the Grand Lodges (in mainland-Tokyo), but most of the lodges here in Okinawa have either web pages that are not current or do not provide the information needed for contact purposes. I will continue the search.
Thanks for your help.
You might find that in the state of your Home of Record for the military, there is a lodge near where you grew up where there are Masons you are already acquainted with. They might well be prepared to vouch for your character (by signing your petition), having known you growing up.
Accommodation for service members can be done. You might petition a lodge back home, but have "courtesy work" done by letting a more nearby lodge perform your degrees.

good luck!

Kenderick Street

You might find that in the state of your Home of Record for the military, there is a lodge near where you grew up where there are Masons you are already acquainted with. They might well be prepared to vouch for your character (by signing your petition), having known you growing up.
Accommodation for service members can be done. You might petition a lodge back home, but have "courtesy work" done by letting a more nearby lodge perform your degrees.

good luck!
Thank you Mr. Bob Franks,

That is interesting and I will look into that.
I was actually stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC and deployed twice from there before I came here.
I was introduced to 2 Masons that put me on a mission of research and an explanation of things and what I thought.
Thank you again for your help.

Very Respectfully,

Kenderick Street