MM degree

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
This Saturday a lodge in my district is putting on a Master's degree. Yes I know it happens all the time, this one will be different, the Nebraska Grand Lodge Officers are going to do all the work, both first and second sections as well as the Q & A, and the lectures.

I think it will be interesting as it will give us a chance to watch the GL officers do the same things we all do. I am really looking forward to it, (I can set and mentally correct them)LOL.:1-wink-grin::1-rolleyes::4-nopity:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
This Saturday a lodge in my district is putting on a Master's degree. Yes I know it happens all the time, this one will be different, the Nebraska Grand Lodge Officers are going to do all the work, both first and second sections as well as the Q & A, and the lectures.

I think it will be interesting as it will give us a chance to watch the GL officers do the same things we all do. I am really looking forward to it, (I can set and mentally correct them)LOL.:1-wink-grin::1-rolleyes::4-nopity:
Someone will be on the sideline with their "Back in my day..." loaded and ready!:1-say-yes:

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Nice. I hope for the best. Our Grand Lodge usually puts on a degree once a year at least, usually at one of our historical Lodge sites.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I was privileged to watch my GL do a MM degree start to finish this past summer, very cool.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Will the Grand Lodge actually be opened, or will they open as the subordinate (local) Lodge?
In NC (AF&AM), the Grand Lodge cannot actually perform degrees...so that is something subordinate lodges can do, but the GL can't!

S&F

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Amen and So mote it be! to that.
As I recall you got a standing-O..........
As I recall, I got a "standing oh, my God"! For those of you who have never witnessed it, many years ago, I got the slides for the 3rd degree lecture tattooed on various parts of my body. While I do the lecture, I perform a strip tease. I usually make $25-30 in tips.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
As I recall, I got a "standing oh, my God"! For those of you who have never witnessed it, many years ago, I got the slides for the 3rd degree lecture tattooed on various parts of my body. While I do the lecture, I perform a strip tease. I usually make $25-30 in tips.
AHHHHHH, No I need you to kill me!:1-say-no:

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Put put your clothes back on, I am sure.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
All right, alright, just foolin' around, Bros. I've never taken my clothes off in Lodge. Jeepers, can't a guy have any fun???

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
The Grand Lodge Officers did a great job during the MM degree. My District Custodian and I were asked to step in at almost the last minute to take a couple of parts and wouldn't you know it we can't say no. I don't feel so bad --- the Grand Master made a couple of bloopers, the Grand Custodian made a couple of not so obvious mistakes but covered them really well. It wasn't perfect but the two brothers who were raised were impressed, and won't know the difference. All in all it was a great day -- good fellowship, good food, and we made two new Master Masons.

I will have the honor of being raised to the Sublime Degree on Past Masters night April 29th. Along with that, My father (who is a P.M. of the same lodge) has been invited to participate, not sure in what capacity though, although he did tell me yesterday he has been brushing up on the lecture!
It is unfortunate I did not join until this past December as my father sat in the East for last years' Past Masters night, but just being able to be raised with him participating is going to be one of the most memorable moments in my life. I will also honor him as I have already commited to joining the Office line next year, hopefully to continue in his footsteps and carry on the fine traditions of the institution of which we all hold in the highest regard.

What an Experience! R3 rattled my teeth! My father raised me and later presented me my ring and started to take his seat and I said wait a minute, while you're here....and presented him with his Lewis Jewel, I thought he was going to lose it!
Pictures should be up on our lodge website in a day or two, I'll swipe them (haha) and post one or two here.