Morals & Dogma for the 21st Century

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've tried twice now to read this book. I do not know what it is, but I get a chapter or two into it and that seems to be as far as I go. Something happens that calls me away for a few weeks. When I get back to reading, I find I pick up a different book.

Not sure if it is the book itself, or if I'm just not meant to read it yet.

Anyone have any comments on the book?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It is a fine book , but I can only take it in small doses or my mind starts to drift (that says more about me than the book though) . I find a lot of Masonic books interesting but dry and I can not , like some , set and read them for hours on end .

G

Gary

My birthday is coming up next month, and both books are on my wish list.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Have you read "A Bridge to Light"? A modern explanation of "Morals and Dogma" and recommended highly.
I read "A Bridge to Light" after I went through the SR . That is what the Morals and Dogma for the 21st Century is , a modernized Morals and Dogma , except more in depth .

G

Gary

A little off topic maybe, but which one is better? or are they one in the same? A little confused here...:confused:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I like the Modernized Morals and Dogma:For the 21st. Century better , it is easier to follow because of the updated language and examples .

G

Gary

Easier is better...I'll let wifey know which one to get me...

Seadog Bob

A little off topic maybe, but which one is better? or are they one in the same? A little confused here...:confused:
The new one is a little easier to read but it has lost a little of the flavor of the original....I prefer to read them side by side for comparison. The Morals and Dogma for the 21st century compares well to Albert Pike's original.
I also recommend A Bridge to Light by Rex Hutchens and also
A Commentary on Morals and Dogma by Henry Clausen

Bob

R

removed121010

The new one is a little easier to read but it has lost a little of the flavor of the original....I prefer to read them side by side for comparison. The Morals and Dogma for the 21st century compares well to Albert Pike's original.
I also recommend A Bridge to Light by Rex Hutchens and also
A Commentary on Morals and Dogma by Henry Clausen

Bob
how did that commentary read cause i was just reading the first few paragraphs of the morals and dogma from SG publishing and the revised pieces seemed a little i don't know off, i was pretty tired though. i'll keep the progress posted and i won't be to hard on the fellows that made the book happen i know they worked very hard on it...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The new M & D is set up to be read along side with the original M & D . M&D for 21st. Century has the page numbers of the original M&D beside certain paragraphs in it so you can compare what is written to the original .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It would cost a fortune to ship this tome , but if you are careful with it (please use book marks and not dogear the pages) I will be more than happy to ship it to you to read when I am done reading it myself . Still working my way slowly through it .

I read Pikes book 2 times in college for a phil class project. Pike was a interesting man to say the least.