Movies

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I was wondering what kind of movies does everyone like . Myself , I have a huge collection of DVDs and VHS . I have well over 500 DVDs and counting . My all time favorite type of movies is horror . I'm crazy with 'em , even bad ones . The Texas Chainsaw Masscre(1974 version) being my all time favorite . I also like period movies , The Kingdom of Heaven , 300 and Gettysburg being my favorites .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I had a bunch of DVDs, but got rid of a lot, due to the fact I don't watch them that often.

Kingdom of Heaven is good. Love the movies based around that era usually. Big Monty Python fan, which would explain my bad sense of humor.

I guess you could classify me as a Horror movie, as long as it doesn't try to be funny, Fantasy/History, and comedy type person. And when I mean comedy I do not mean these parody movies like Meet the Spartans or Scary Movie.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I like dark humor in horror movies , but then again , I'm known to laugh at inappropriate times during particularly gory scenes .

mbtaluka

I like comedy, suspense or adventurous movie but can never stand HORROR. The moment I watch horror movie it stays on my mind for not just hours or days but months together.

cemab4y

I like the classics from 30-40-50s. I watch American movie classics and turner classic movies. The wife is always giving me lip, because I watch the old films.,

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I like dark humor in horror movies , but then again , I'm known to laugh at inappropriate times during particularly gory scenes .
Some humor, when it fits the scene is fine. But don't try to make a horror flick a comedy also. I guess its hard to explain. Its like some horror movies try to hard to put in jokes where it just doesn't fit, and it takes away from the movie. There was a movie I saw recently do this, and I wish I could remember the name, but it escapes me right now. I'm sure when I'm not near a computer I'll remember.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Some humor, when it fits the scene is fine. But don't try to make a horror flick a comedy also. I guess its hard to explain. Its like some horror movies try to hard to put in jokes where it just doesn't fit, and it takes away from the movie. There was a movie I saw recently do this, and I wish I could remember the name, but it escapes me right now. I'm sure when I'm not near a computer I'll remember.

I knew what you meant and I have to agree . I don't like it when they try to make it a comedy/horror movie . Your not thinking of "Shaun of the Dead " are you ?

mollyL

English movies of all descriptions probably top all of our favorite DVD. Monty Python, Harry Potter, Beatles (Richard Lester directing), period pieces, dramas, and a multitude of movies we'll see if English stars are in evidence.

chocoguy

My all time favorite is the Sci-fi movie because it always gets me excited whenever I'm watching one. My favorite movie is Terminator series which I believe has its own TV version but I think that its not good as teh movie.

Green-Moo

I've never been able to understand the urge to own DVDs because once I've watched a movie I'm really quite unlikely to want to watch it again. It's the same with books, unless they are non fiction then I'm very unlikely to pick them up more than once.

I enjoy action adventure type things (dare I describe these as being Lethal Weapon type movies?). In my defence, this is escapism!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I watch many movies more than once . I can't count the times I've watched 300 , Full Metal Jacket , Hamburger Hill or Platoon. And there's movies I'll catch on HBO than I,ve seen many , many times and end watching them over again .

My wife's best friend runs a pawn shop , and it's cheaper for me to buy dvds from her than it is to rent them at Blockbuster .