My 1st lodge Dinner

So My friend said. He won't be able to make it. To the dinner should I still attend or should I wait until he can go so he can show me around stuff?

MWS

James, seriously...just go. You want to be more familiar with this group - it's a FRATERNITY. Listen, if you can't take this first step, maybe it isn't what you're looking for.

You're not 10 years old anymore, go to the dinner, walk up to the first person, shake their hand and say, "Hello, I'm James. It's a pleasure to meet you. Bro X invited me this evening and said you'd be able to show me around...I've got a ton of questions..."

Ya I'm thinking. I should just go. It would help me a lot if I went by my self. Got to be strong I asked my friend what be best thing for me to do.

I talked to. My friend he said. I should still go. He Said he still young in the mason world so others would be able to know more then he does. There is a lot of rules he know but not the full extent. I should meet someone. that knows more then he does. That can help me better. He only been a mason for yr.

goomba

So I have talked with my friend. and he said I should still go. He said is still young in mason world he knows most rules. But the full extent and should meet someone that knows more.
James I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Bill_F

James, I didn't know a soul last year when I walked up to a Lodge and introduced myself to 6 or 7 people I had never met before, and knew no-one in the Lodge. And even at 47 I'm still painfully shy. If I can do it, you can too.
It seems like your wavering and making a bigger thing out of this than it is. Like the old slogan says.. JUST DO IT!
Believe me, it WILL be worth it. You'll see.

Were do I sit. At do I just sit anywhere? Do they tell were to sit? How does work at guys lodge if a guest comes for a dinner?

goomba

You set anywhere its like you are a guest. Because you are a guest. On a side note the absolute uncertainty of this normal face to face interaction has trollish hints. Either go or don't its that simple.

If this is your personality and you are not a troll I am starting to think you are not ready to petition the Masonic fraternity.

I'm not a troll. like I said in the other forum I’m not that nervous. I’m sure everything will be fine. That it will pass once I get know everybody and get comfortable. Being nervous is normal for me but it don’t last long. I'm going to go.

goomba

I'm not a troll. like I said in the other forum I’m not that nervous. I’m sure everything will be fine. That it will pass once I get know everybody and get comfortable. Being nervous is normal for me but it don’t last long. I'm going to go.
Good!

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
You set anywhere its like you are a guest. Because you are a guest. On a side note the absolute uncertainty of this normal face to face interaction has trollish hints. Either go or don't its that simple.

If this is your personality and you are not a troll I am starting to think you are not ready to petition the Masonic fraternity.
Spoken like a true LEO. I've never met one who wasn't suspicious of every one and everything. LOL :D

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
OK... So out of curiosity, why are you carrying on several conversations about this very same topic on our forum and also on other Masonic forums? It would seem that you are giving a play by play on very mundane things just solely to have something to post. How about refraining from the obvious, and letting us know after your visit with the Lodge you are talking to.

Or as Goomba would put it... Poop or get off the pot already! we don't mind talking with you, but none of us are here to hold your hand. Suck it up butter cup and show up to the Lodge. All will be fine. where you sit, and what you say is irrelevant.

jaya

James, are you for real? Either go or not. You must take the first step. You do not need someone holding your hand. If you get in these men will be your brothers. I hope you do not act as you come across on the forum.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
James , nothing ventured , nothing gained . Just go to the dinner , be yourself , be honest and enjoy yourself .

I do not think you're a troll James , but as Brother Gary stated , just post the pertinent information . You do not have to post a step by step run down for us . If you wish to do this (a step by step rundown) , feel free to send me a Private Message and I will be more than happy to respond to all your messages .

And to our members , I am not calling any one person out but please refrain from calling James a troll , let the Staff worry about that . I do not believe James is a troll ( I could be wrong ) and I will give him the benefit of the doubt . I believe he has nothing but the best of intentions at heart .

Winter

I've been here before
I think I have a pretty good track record of sniffing out Trolls on our forum here. And I do not think James is one. I believe it is just his poor grammar on the internet that incorrectly conveys his true intentions. I wish him the best with his first interactions with his local Lodge and look forward to hearing the results. But I too would caution you James against posting the constant minutia of your daily life.

Find a discussion or two here that looks interesting and read all the posts involved. Either ask pertinent questions about the subject matter or do some cursory research about the subject and make a post that continues the discussion. This practice will serve to help better your writing ability as well as cognitive processing. Both essential characters of a Man and a Freemason.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I think I have a pretty good track record of sniffing out Trolls on our forum here. And I do not think James is one. I believe it is just his poor grammar on the internet that incorrectly conveys his true intentions. I wish him the best with his first interactions with his local Lodge and look forward to hearing the results.
Agreed . If our two resident bloodhounds (Gary & Winter) did not sniff him out then it is a safe bet that James is not a troll .

goomba

James and I have had some pretty lengthy talks via PM. Seems like a good guy you gets in a big hurry when he types.