My brethren I have a question

Wallens05

Master Mason
Hello brothers near and far

It has been awhile since we i talked and posted I apologize,since we last spoke I have started a new job as a truck driver and have been out seeing the sight so to speak I hope everyone had a great and wonderful thanksgiving.

So let me start my question with a story I live and am apart of the Ohio goodale 372 lodge F. &. AM in Columbus Ohio
I was at my father in laws home for thanksgiving when I came across a Masonic pendent like medal he said he didn't know what it was and was meaning to show me it was for his father who was a 33 degree mason who has passed a year ago now I've never seen this "jewel" before can anyone shed any light please step forward I will post pictures

Thank you in advance

S&F
Steven

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353906567.098472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353906663.893487.jpg

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Looks more like a key chain than a jewel to me. The ring that it attaches to is too large for a jewel, and usually they come attached to a ribbon of some sort. Since it is numbered, it shouldn't be hard to get the GL of Ohio to tell you what it is. It's not of Scottish Rite origin so they may be the best route to identify it.

I agree with Goomba, it is very nice.

Zack

It could be a GM's token. In Fl. we have them with a serial # on the back and with the same message.
They sell for $5-10.00 with the proceeds going to the GM's charity.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Brother Zack is correct. This is a fund raising token used to attach to your keys as a way of getting them returned to you if lost. They have been arround for years. This one is a very nicely made one.

I can understsand why it is still in its rapper. Too nice to be worn down or scratched up by keys.

Wallens05

Master Mason
Thank you also much for the responses I was confused about it because of the numbers oh the back and yes it is very beautiful my father in law said he'd give it to me if it wasn't of importance to his father. If it is a GMs token can anyone get one?

Update I have called our GL and bro Zach you were right thanks you brothers again
Bro.Steven