NC EA Here

badta00

I just found this site on Tapatalk and while searching for info. I figured that I'd join and introduce myself.
My name is Brad. I'm from Waccamaw #596 in NC.
I was initiated in August and shift work has slowed down my learning. But I'm finally ready to return my First.

MWS

Welcome to the forums. Just remember, Masonry is a life long journey not a race...it'll be there with (or after) your work and family obligations.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Welcome, Brother Brad!
Jump in and stir up some discussion.

BTW, did you ever encounter Brother Richard Pridgen at Waccamaw 596? He is a member of my lodge, Wayne Lodge #112, about 2 hours north of you in Goldsboro. He was down there working for a paper company (he's an engineer), but his job was in jeopardy, so he took a position in Chicago.
He was the first 18 year old petitioner of my lodge, and was able to 'examine himself' [give both the answers and the questions of the catechism] on all 3 degrees. We miss him.
I get down to our timeshare in MB, SC, 4 times a year and would love to stand in lodge with you sometime.

S&F

badta00

Welcome, Brother Brad!
Jump in and stir up some discussion.

BTW, did you ever encounter Brother Richard Pridgen at Waccamaw 596? He is a member of my lodge, Wayne Lodge #112, about 2 hours north of you in Goldsboro. He was down there working for a paper company (he's an engineer), but his job was in jeopardy, so he took a position in Chicago.
He was the first 18 year old petitioner of my lodge, and was able to 'examine himself' [give both the answers and the questions of the catechism] on all 3 degrees. We miss him.
I get down to our timeshare in MB, SC, 4 times a year and would love to stand in lodge with you sometime.

S&F
I work at the Papermill in the Woodyard. The name sounds familiar but I cannot picture him in my mind. How long did he work here and when did he leave?
Edit:
I found him(and you) on Facebook. I never met him. I hope he does well in Chicago but I personally will never go back if I can help it. I went to Boot camp up there and later to C School.

Bob Franks

WOW, another Sailor! I took Boot Camp and Hospital Corps School there, then 2 years working at NavHospGLakes!
"If you don't like the weather, wait a minute..."

You will DEFINITELY post when your degree work is scheduled, especially if on a Monday, Friday, or Saturday.

S&F

badta00

I was a "Squid" from 1991-1999. I was a Hull Tech.
I hope to return my First the next regular meeting ( 4th Monday) if I don't have to work overtime.

Bob Franks

Returned my First tonight and will be going through the Second Degree next Monday.
Bro. Brad-
I just got an email from your Lodge Secretary about the FCD next Monday night.
I will be working in Clinton, only about 1.25 hours north of you on Monday, and am off on Tuesday, so I am hoping to come and see the Degree.
How was return of your catechism?

Bob Franks

Sounds like me in a Lecture. I can do it perfectly in the car, in the shower in the morning, any time I practice. Then, when I get on the floor of the Lodge to deliver it...

S&F

goomba

Bro. Bob, when I hear the mistakes of men who have been doing it for years it tells me Masonry doesn't expect perfection. It only wants us to try and improve ourselves. So I think speak for most when I say thank you for your mistakes!

Bob Franks

Bro. Bob, when I hear the mistakes of men who have been doing it for years it tells me Masonry doesn't expect perfection. It only wants us to try and improve ourselves. So I think speak for most when I say thank you for your mistakes!
Then you have A LOT to thank me for! :p

S&F