Netflix

Sammy

I love my Netflix more and more. We recently found you can download the channel to the WII and they have so many movies and TV shows I don't ever think I want to go back to paying for TV. The Netflix is a $10 bill I don't mind paying every month!

G

Gary

We have a WII and a Blueray, my son uses the WII for Netflix in his room, while we use the Blueray. I agree...for the money you can't beat it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I don't even do that . I just borrow the DVDs from my neighbor and save myself $10 a month . Nothing like watching movies for free .

G

Gary

You young pups with all your fancy technology. I just get dvd's in the mail from
Netflix and pop 'em in the ol' player.
HaHa.... We also get the DVD's mailed to us, there are some movies you can't stream. But it is nice, since I have a 140+ channels on TV, and nothing but redundant crap on most of the channels.:rolleyes:

intent

We do both

We stream the movies from Netflix and we also get the DVDs in the mail. We run on two TVs at the same time. I wonder how many devices you can run it on at the same time before you hit trouble.

G

Gary

We stream the movies from Netflix and we also get the DVDs in the mail. We run on two TVs at the same time. I wonder how many devices you can run it on at the same time before you hit trouble.
That depends on your internet connection. If you are using broadband or wideband, you can run several I'd imagine.

Starlight

I have you beat... I get them on the mail, stream on my laptop, on the wii, and on two Rokus. I used to buy DVDs but not any longer. Even though there are tons of movies not ready for streaming everyday there are more. I love watching old TV series, and I get my fix ten times over. No commercials is a dream come true.

Sammy

I also use the Dvd's. And I read that you can stream line up to 5 devices with the Netflix. I am surprised at how often they update and allow more choices for streamlining as my son found out today looking for a movie!

Robby

I'm thinking of buying my wife a Roku for Christmas this year. We usually have the laptop busy doing other things like keeping in touch with family and reading eBooks so it would be nice to have a device just for that.

johnny

I have an Xbox and a WII that we watch our netflix off of. It is great with the kids becuase they can be watching one thing and we watch another and still can order movies.

thebrianmo

I stream Netflix through my Wii and laptop and we still also get discs in the mail. I love Netflix for sure, well worth the money.

emarsh

I'm thinking of buying my wife a Roku for Christmas this year. We usually have the laptop busy doing other things like keeping in touch with family and reading eBooks so it would be nice to have a device just for that.
I got one a few weeks ago. I like it but it requires a fair amount of bandwidth. Still, the price of the box is about what I was paying for just one month of my old satellite tv service.

thebrianmo

I stream Netflix though both the Wii and PS3. The one thing I like about the PS3 is that is streams the Blu-Ray movies where the Wii does not. We used to do DVDs by mail but never watched them.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
We did the Netflix DVDs by mail, I always got them watched but sometimes didn't send them back for a week or so. I didn't update my list and they sent me some real tacky "B" movies. We decided that enough was enough and dropped it, but they said they will keep out account information for 2 years and we could restart any time.:confused:.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We did the Netflix DVDs by mail, I always got them watched but sometimes didn't send them back for a week or so. I didn't update my list and they sent me some real tacky "B" movies. We decided that enough was enough and dropped it, but they said they will keep out account information for 2 years and we could restart any time.:confused:.
So , it's kinda of like Columbia House records ? If you do not update or tell them you want/don't want something they send you something anyway ?

I love Netflix. Use streaming as well as DVD's by mail. When streaming, I'm interfacing my laptop with the TV. Setting that up to work in Control panel is more complicated than my wife can handle. Looked at Roku, or maybe a Samsung BluRay player with wi-fi capability. My wireless internet strength near my TV isn't as strong as other areas in the house. Anyone have any idea how some of these devices are at pulling in a weak wi-fi signal?
Mike

I don't always get them sent back quickly either. I've had "killers" in my bedroom DVD player half watched for a week and a half. Doubt I'll watch the other half. The good news is, If I'd have rented it from the local video store, it would probably still be in the DVD player, but I'd have $15 in late fees racked up as well!

Azpir8king

HaHa.... We also get the DVD's mailed to us, there are some movies you can't stream. But it is nice, since I have a 140+ channels on TV, and nothing but redundant crap on most of the channels.:rolleyes:
And amazingly enough, The BOSS thought he was being overly sarcastic when he sang "67 channels and there's nothing on"..IRONIC (Which is another Song I like)