New Here

Richard_Vier

Fellow Craft
FC was last night. The lecture was beautiful! I especially enjoyed the part about the three steps of life. Hit home for me.

Also, I think I may have screwed up when I returned my EA proficiency in open lodge, shot myself in the foot by doing well! In a couple of weeks we are having our grand lodge visitation in a joint session with two other local lodges... My WM, in a very coy sort of way, suggested that maybe I'd be confident enough to return FC proficiency in front of all three lodges as well as the Grand Lodge. I was too stubborn and proud to say no. Ha! I do know how to keep my life interesting. I have already started on my memorization. Eek!

Richard_Vier

Fellow Craft
Also! Here's a quick cell phone pic I grabbed of my lodge last night. Such a cool building, wanted to share. I'm a professional photographer by trade and some day I'll get a high quality shot, but thought this did it justice all the same, image quality not withstanding.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
FC was last night. The lecture was beautiful! I especially enjoyed the part about the three steps of life. Hit home for me.

Also, I think I may have screwed up when I returned my EA proficiency in open lodge, shot myself in the foot by doing well! In a couple of weeks we are having our grand lodge visitation in a joint session with two other local lodges... My WM, in a very coy sort of way, suggested that maybe I'd be confident enough to return FC proficiency in front of all three lodges as well as the Grand Lodge. I was too stubborn and proud to say no. Ha! I do know how to keep my life interesting. I have already started on my memorization. Eek!
Yup, you just got put on the fast track. Sorry. I don't know the dress code for your lodge, but in mine, the officers wear tuxedos. I would probably be telling you about now where to find an inexpensive tux.

Good luck and have fun. I've met a few Grand Masters in my time and one thing they all really want is to meet you on the level as your brother. The higher you go in Masonry, the higher the demands are. I know, even as just the Master of my lodge, I miss just sitting on the sidelines watching the candidates being led around. I can't imagine how much a Grand Master would want to just be a brother for a few minutes. Give him the same you would give any brother, your best.

Richard_Vier

Fellow Craft
Good luck and have fun. I've met a few Grand Masters in my time and one thing they all really want is to meet you on the level as your brother. The higher you go in Masonry, the higher the demands are. I know, even as just the Master of my lodge, I miss just sitting on the sidelines watching the candidates being led around. I can't imagine how much a Grand Master would want to just be a brother for a few minutes. Give him the same you would give any brother, your best.
Thanks! I'm still working on the FC proficiency. My coach had ERV training all week leading up to the grand lodge visitation and I wasn't quite ready. Dodged one there. ha. We do have a double EA this Thursday though and I'm hoping to return proficiency beforehand.

Congratulations on being Initiated, as well as being passed to FC. Stay focused and study hard. You may have already posted it, but what Lodge did you join?
I joined the Golden Spike Lodge #6, Ogden UT, F&AM.

Oh! I did take a better picture. Love this building so much.

Richard_Vier

Fellow Craft
Figured I'd let you guys know, I returned proficiency and am to be raised today! Excited and nervous. Can't sleep even with ambien. Here goes..

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk