MM Topic New seat

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I organized the first Widows' Dinner my lodge has had in three years. After the dinner, the WM and I were talking outside. He said, I'd like you to take the Junior Deacon seat next month. My answer was , "Whatever the lodge needs."

One of my best friends in Lodge and I met there last night and practiced our Ritual together. He was JD and has been asked to sit as SD. Although he has a lot more work ahead of him than I do, we both did well and feel we are ready through the Second degree for him and all three for me. The next meeting is a week from tomorrow and we, thankfully, will only be voting on our next group of candidates, no ritual until January.

Since the GL recommends that every officer know the seat above his and the one above that with minimal prompting, I'm working on the MC lecture now as well as the discussion about the wheat and waterford.

Wish me luck and a good memory.

FF Sparky

Seems Connecticut is coping Massachusetts standard operations. We stole...I mean borrowed your passports, borrowed the rookie award(called the Perfect Ashlar here), and testing for next officers chair. Anything I can expect to see change??

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Seems Connecticut is coping Massachusetts standard operations. We stole...I mean borrowed your passports, borrowed the rookie award(called the Perfect Ashlar here), and testing for next officers chair. Anything I can expect to see change??
Well, we're starting up a new program to get "Rusty Brothers" back to the lodge called the "Master Builder Award". The lodge ambassadors (that would be me, and a couple of other brothers) contact Master Masons who haven't been to lodge in a while and offer private lessons to keep them from being embarrassed by anything they may have forgotten. Then they get a list of tasks like the Rookie Award to complete and are given a pin and dinner with the Grand Master. I've had the privilege of helping a couple of men back to the lodge so far. It's great to welcome them back with the dignity they deserve.