Party

Sammy

My wife thought it would be a great idea to have a birthday party at a restaurant for our kids bday. Although it was a 'kids' place (pizza place called Chuck E Cheese) it was A LOT of work! I do not think we will be doing that again any time soon. Anyone have experience with this? It was really expensive too.

iMav

-==-
We did a Chuck E. Cheese party for my daughter several years ago. Personally, I think the pizza there is gross. :)

We've done several bowling parties. It's always expensive...fortunately, b-days are only once a year (well, three since we have 3 kids)

JohnnyZ

I'm with you, the pizza is NASTY there. The kids always have fun when we go though. When I took my daughter there for her birthday the people (workers) did almost everything and I just watched and played with the kids.

Alex44

Parties, even when they are at a place that throws it for you, are alot of work. We always feel exhausted (and relieved) when the event is over. The idea of a sleepover has come up for this year, really trying to talk them out of that idea.

tHanks

6 nicknames, guess which.
I have never planned a party there myself but I have seen others do it and from what I heard it was pretty simple. Its possible you ended up with a dud staff maybe and they just were not too keen on the up and up.

Starlight

We did it for my son, and it was more expensive than I projected. However, we do like the "nasty" pizza. :):) I just didn't want to end up cleaning after everybody has left. I didn't want kids running around the house breaking things either. My kid is well behave and knows not to touch and break stuff. However, I have noticed that a lot of young kids feel entitled to touch and break anything they fancy.

Sammy

Maybe I was just trying to hard to entertain the adult guests. We had 9 children their and 16 adults so I was trying to entertain them. We chose this becuase we didn't want to clean up the mess at home, our house isn't big enough, and we live far away from family and friends that we invited. It was easier on everyone involved to have it 45 minutes from our house. The kids all had fun and from the notes I have got everyone enjoyed themselves. I just think next year I will have it at my moms!