Please read first

Winter

I've been here before
Global Warming is a hypothesis. Not a theory. It has yet to be independently proven. And most scientists have been baking away from that hypothesis anyway.

Global Warming: unproved hypothesis

Evolution: Theory, which means it is a provable fact

(And I knew it was tongue in cheek! :)

Global Warming is a hypothesis. Not a theory. It has yet to be independently proven. And most scientists have been baking away from that hypothesis anyway.

Depends on who you talk to.... no monkeys in my family....

Winter

I've been here before
Depends on who you talk to.... no monkeys in my family....
That's what I'm talking about. Misinformation everywhere! LOL

There are NO monkeys in ANYONE'S family. Humans and non-human primates have been evolving for the SAME AMOUNT of time. From a COMMON ancestor.

The problem is that primary and secondary schools make such a botch job of explaining the science coupled with pigheaded religious teachings that would rather rely on a horrible mistranslation of a religious document never meant to be a historical record added to common misconceptions that are continuously propagated and you have a recipe for entrenched ignorance. :)

There are NO monkeys in ANYONE'S family. Humans and non-human primates have been evolving for the SAME AMOUNT of time. From a COMMON ancestor.

The problem is that primary and secondary schools make such a botch job of explaining the science coupled with pigheaded religious teachings that would rather rely on a horrible mistranslation of a religious document never meant to be a historical record added to common misconceptions that are continuously propagated and you have a recipe for entrenched ignorance. :)
Pure hypothesis but lets not debate religion...... you have your thoughts and I have mine.... and I doubt we will convince either that the other is incorrect....

Winter

I've been here before
Pure hypothesis but lets not debate religion...... you have your thoughts and I have mine.... and I doubt we will convince either that the other is incorrect....
Hahahahaha That's the problem. I have science. That means I win! No debate necessary. :) See, we can still be friends.

CoachN

Builder Builder
I may be reading it wrong, but it looks like several denigrating comments about "theories." As a scientist I take exception to this. (But never harshly with my Brothers! :) )
Can you form a hypothesis to test this theory? ;)
A scientific theory is not a guess. A theory is what one or more hypotheses become once they have been verified and accepted to be true. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. Unfortunately, even some scientists often use the term "theory" in a more colloquial sense, when they really mean to say "hypothesis." That makes its true meaning in science even more confusing to the general public.
You just revealed why you are so like-able!

I thought GW was merely an over emphasized and extremely ill-informed conjecture.
You ain't blowing smoke here!
Yup, and that division occurred when two of the human chromosomes merged to become one.
YES!
OK...if it makes you feel good...you win.....:confused:
Bro, ya give up too easily... :p

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

I thought GW was merely an over emphasized and extremely ill-informed conjecture.

Yup, and that division occurred when two of the human chromosomes merged to become one.

YES!

GW is a distraction that is being used to keep the profanes from realizing that FM is taking over the world!! (insert maniacal laughter until there is coughing)

20,000 years ago 12 or so humans walked out of Africa and here we are.

(The Seven Daughters of Eve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Na... I didnt give up.... just didnt see any positive outcome if I continued my part of the discussion and wanted it to end on a good note so I told him he won just to help his ego......;), besides, I know the truth and thats all that matters..... no theory has been proven...

YES!

Can you prove this theory? ;)
No... nor do I feel the need to.... but I am sure I could if I were so inclined to. I myself feel no need to prove or disprove anyone....

Winter

I've been here before
No... nor do I feel the need to.... but I am sure I could if I were so inclined to. I myself feel no need to prove or disprove anyone....
So, just to further the discussion, not to antagonize you Brother, you feel more comfortable believing a thing, regardless of any evidence that may be to the contrary, than searching for a truth that may conflict with what you know or have been told?

This discussion proves that Freemasonry is a very odd dichotomy with a mix of religious fundamentalists and modern inheritors of the enlightenment period. I don't think any other organization could make this combination work.

Which begs the question, which is more important? Blind adherence to the teachings of a particular faith or questing for knowledge regardless of whether we will "like" the answer or not?

Winter

I've been here before
I have to go with Coach on this one, if you are going to state a fact, be prepared to show proof. :D

So, just to further the discussion, not to antagonize you Brother, you feel more comfortable believing a thing, regardless of any evidence that may be to the contrary, than searching for a truth that may conflict with what you know or have been told?

This discussion proves that Freemasonry is a very odd dichotomy with a mix of religious fundamentalists and modern inheritors of the enlightenment period. I don't think any other organization could make this combination work.

Which begs the question, which is more important? Blind adherence to the teachings of a particular faith or questing for knowledge regardless of whether we will "like" the answer or not?
In the spirit on not being "antagonistic" towards another Brother..... I agreed you win.... you have ALL the FACTS...... and I meekly walk in the shadows of such a learned Brother......

Like I have said..... I neither feel the need nor see the purpose to attempt to discredit what any other Brothers believes as factual or not.....

Winter

I've been here before
Please do show where I mentioned I had facts???:confused:
Here.

Na... I didnt give up.... just didnt see any positive outcome if I continued my part of the discussion and wanted it to end on a good note so I told him he won just to help his ego......, besides, I know the truth and thats all that matters..... no theory has been proven...
"poke, poke, poke" :)