Prayers for Boston

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It's been a week and a day since the Boston Marathon bombings. I'm still in shock over it. While visiting a brother in the hospital, another brother came in and told us that his sister lost one of her legs in the bombing. I had no words.

I look at the endless news coverage of this and wonder if I can think rationally about the surviving bomber and how he should be treated. A baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire with nails through it comes to mind. Then I look at him and realize he was corrupted by religious leaders who twist their faith from peace to violence and he was following the person he most loved and trusted in the world, his brother. It's hard to not hate him, but I'm trying.

So pray for Boston. Pray for the surviving bomber (I refuse to use his name). Pray for those that were harmed and those who need healing from wounds both visible and invisible. Pray for our leaders that they don't overreact to this. And if you have anything left, pray for me so I can stop wanting to do another creature harm.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
It is hardest to pray for those who need it the most.
I have no other words for this unspeakable act.

S&F

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
It is hardest to pray for those who need it the most.
I have no other words for this unspeakable act.

S&F
I couldn't figure out to say what you said Bro. Bob. Well said. Very well said. None the less- prayers for all.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
There is no VSL verse that specifically states to hate the sin, not the sinner, however there is ample verses that support that position.
My wife and I have weep and prayed for the victims of the Boston bombings, so senseless and seemingly random.
We Americans are getting a taste of what it is like living in a country in upheaval and chaos, the way many parts of the world live every day. We are shocked and appalled, in other parts of the world its just another Wednesday.

GAOTU bless our fraternity and the level plain that we, as Brothers, stand.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
There is no VSL verse that specifically states to hate the sin, not the sinner, however there is ample verses that support that position.
My wife and I have weep and prayed for the victims of the Boston bombings, so senseless and seemingly random.
We Americans are getting a taste of what it is like living in a country in upheaval and chaos, the way many parts of the world live every day. We are shocked and appalled, in other parts of the world its just another Wednesday.

GAOTU bless our fraternity and the level plain that we, as Brothers, stand.
Kinda makes you wonder why it's becoming more prevalent in the U.S. I see a common thread, but there is no sense even discussing it. Mainly because it's considered intolerant and not politically correct. That in of itself is the problem. Sadly, look for more of this along with a sweeping change in our liberty.