Prayers needed.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Brothers & Sisters ... Well, I humiliate myself in public often enough, so I guess it's time to humiliate myself completely. Here, too. About a year ago now, the annuity market tanked and left me with almost nothing (monetarily, anyhow ... I've been blessed with our brotherhood and other things, just not with money). I've been applying for jobs almost constantly since then and managed to receive three interviews. Just three. Through a Brother and his lovely spouse, I managed to land a small part-time job in March, but it doesn't pay enough to do more than take up my mornings. Now, my beautiful bride tells me that we are finally at the place where we have no other choice but to file bankruptcy. A grim pill to swallow, a grim pill indeed. Anyhow ... as a 'last resort' I am turning to the Brotherhood. My good friends, my 'real' family ... I need work. I am capable, educated, and a wonderful person ... do you have a prayer for me?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Been to that brink, still have the calluses from beseechment about it, I shall renew those calluses for my Brother.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Brothers, thank you for the prayers. Now ... here's the story to date:

My wife went to the bank to discuss default/bankruptcy. She came home in tears. They told her that if she either defaults or declares bankruptcy, that we lose our account with the credit union and can never open another. We spent a few hours talking about faithful reliance on divine providence.

The next day, the same worker at the bank called my wife out of the blue. She (the worker) had been thinking about our situation and took some ideas to a Vice Pres at the CU. The Vice Pres had some ideas, too. The short version is that they found a way to roll all of our outstanding debt to them into 2 loans whose payments will fit into our extremely limited budget.

Yay for the GAOTU!!!

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Brothers, thank you for the prayers. Now ... here's the story to date:

My wife went to the bank to discuss default/bankruptcy. She came home in tears. They told her that if she either defaults or declares bankruptcy, that we lose our account with the credit union and can never open another. We spent a few hours talking about faithful reliance on divine providence.

The next day, the same worker at the bank called my wife out of the blue. She (the worker) had been thinking about our situation and took some ideas to a Vice Pres at the CU. The Vice Pres had some ideas, too. The short version is that they found a way to roll all of our outstanding debt to them into 2 loans whose payments will fit into our extremely limited budget.

Yay for the GAOTU!!!
That's great to hear Brother Patrick. I hope the GAOTU keeps you plumb.