Prayers needed

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I started The New Year off with a mad tear... Literally. It would appear that my right bicep muscle is torn.

I injured it while installing a wall mount for my TV New Years day.

I get to see the Ortho doc on Monday and will get an MRI shortly there after. That will determine if its a muscle tear or the tendons broke loose from the bone.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
If its the tendons, surgery is in order. So far Ive been able to get by with the help of my loving family. My wife is a saint...

Im a terrible patient... Lol

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Prayer sent from me, too.

My wife and I spent Christmas evening in the local ER. She is having an MRI this afternoon to find out if she tore her other rotator cuff. I say other because she tore the right one 13 months ago. This one is at least her non-dominant hand.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I go for surgical repair this Friday. The doc says I won't be able to use the arm for five months afterward. The tendon has to grow back in to the bone.

goomba

I have pins in both shoulders, so I understand not being able to use your arms for a long period of time.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Seriously, don't wimp through the PT, push and push hard, you'll be glad you dida couple of decades from now. (I know people who didn't and some that did, the 'dids' are alot more normal).