Raise your pipe in celebration

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Today is International Pipe Smoking Day. Anyone here smoke a pipe? I do not, but I've smelled some of the smoke from some that was very pleasant. I have been known to have a cigar every now and again.

IPSD

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Today is International Pipe Smoking Day. Anyone here smoke a pipe? I do not, but I've smelled some of the smoke from some that was very pleasant. I have been known to have a cigar every now and again.

IPSD
Not to be a spoil sport, but I used to smoke. I stopped many years ago but have since battled two forms of cancer (prostate and bladder). The first thing both of the doctors who treated my cancers asked me is, "Have you ever smoked?"

MWS

Alas, I am on vacation and away from my briars. I do have a cigar, which will have to do...

jaya

I will smoke a pipe on a rare occasion. I have an old pipe stand that I gave my granddad when I was little so I bought a pipe to put in it. I love the smell of some good pipe tobacco. As for cancer, it is said that it is not if you will get cancer or not, you will get some form if you live ling enough. I have seen men smoke pipe and cigars all their life and not get cancer from that. I have seen people who have never smoked anything in their life die from lung cancer. I will agree that smoking is not good for you. However, neither is many things we do. It is amazing that many of us are alive today with not wearing helmets when we road bikes as kids, did not sit in child seats, played tackle football without pads, and many other things that is outlawed today.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Just two glasses of wine or two strong pints of beer a day can treble the risk of mouth cancer, ministers warn.

Well, I believe an Oncologist over a minister any day when he told me that if I had ever smoked my risk of bladder cancer was increased by a factor of two hundred.

I'm not trying to start an anti-smoking campaign here. We each have the right to put whatever we want in our bodies that our society allows. I would rather my brothers not have to go through the treatments and fear of an early death that I have. I like you guys and would rather see you than view you. In any case, it's certainly your choice, I'm just trying to do a little to make it an informed one.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I found that one of the time I quit smoking cigarettes, that I was smoking cigars and pipes like I had cigarettes, inhaling the smoke. In a few days, I had very dark sputum!
When I was able to quit tobacco for the last time, 12 years ago, I had to quit all forms. :(

S&F

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
A new scientific study has discovered what causes cancer in lab rats.

Technicians!
:1-wink-grin:
Many years ago, a doc I worked for, who was retired from 3 different pharmaceutical or medical equipment companies, told me, "What we need is a healthier grade of lab rat!"

S&F

IPSD
I do smoke pipe, but not on a regular every day basis. Only on occasion, mainly once a week after a lodge meeting when visiting with lodge brothers on a night when it's nice enough to enjoy sitting outside. The pipe stays unlit during the cold winter months that Iowa has to offer. (Yeah). I do enjoy the smell of pipe smoke as I grew up with a grandfather who smoked pipe.

Winter

I've been here before
I very much enjoy my pipes and cigars. I gave up cigarettes, but ill never give up my pipe. I even have one I carry to work that folds up so it fits in my pocket.