Regular gatherings

SageMother

I haven't had enough contact with Masons to know much about their schedule when it comes to events tied to the seasons.

Are there specific rituals that are performed at the changing of the seasons?

Squash Cop

I've heard of 'Full Moon Lodges' that have their meetings on or around the full moon, but other than that it's up to the individual lodge to have their own schedule.

SageMother

I've heard of 'Full Moon Lodges' that have their meetings on or around the full moon, but other than that it's up to the individual lodge to have their own schedule.
I find that pretty interesting. In Wicca and Witchcraft the moon is associated with the female. The picture of a room full of men gathering for the full moon seems odd to me.:D

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I missed this post earlier. If I may offer my opinion on the "full Moon lodge" aspect. It was established during the era of time in which masonic members were being persecuted for "devil worship" The lodge meeting night was established to be on the night of the full moon so that the brethren could travel by moon light to the lodge location. By traveling at night they could avoid others. There was no electricity at that time so they traveled by natural light. The full moon had nothing to do with witchcraft or wicca, it was merely the best time to travel at night.

Ohh and as for the "worship women" part, this is not a norm in the lodge room. The premise behind the masons are to "take a good man, and make him better." This surely shouldn't be construed as a room full of men sitting around lusting after women

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I agree with BG_TRBL . I know some lodges go dark , meaning that they don't meet ,a couple of months in the summer . But not due to any ritual of the season but out of convenience . Some lodges do not have AC and thats when many go on vacation .