Renaissance Faire

G

Gary

The wife and I have been a few times to the annual one they have in Tampa.

I frequent Celtic festivals in the area as well.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I want to go to the Tampa one, but have yet to go. For one reason or another I just never seem to make it.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I want to go to the Tampa one, but have yet to go. For one reason or another I just never seem to make it.
I have a high school buddy down there, he goes often. Email and I'll send you his contact info.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We do not have anything like that around my area . The closest we come is the local Dungeons & Dragons club that battle in the park like in the movie "Role Modles" . I know , I know not the same thing .

G

Gary

They are a lot of fun. You don't have to dress up to go, but many people do. There are jousts, human chess games, plays, food, beer, um did I mention food?

And usually a ton of vendors selling everything from clothing to jewelry, to swords and armor. You name it, they probably sell it at those things.

G

Gary

Um....That's because it's a given, and what's understood need not be discussed.:D

G

Gary

We do not have anything like that around my area . The closest we come is the local Dungeons & Dragons club that battle in the park like in the movie "Role Modles" . I know , I know not the same thing .
Really, I thought that died in the 80's. I'd pay to see that. I'll bet it's funny. Used to play the game when I was a kid, but never wanted to dress up and do it.

Duncan1574

It is the FUNNIEST thing I have ever seen in my life . And they take it so seriously !!!!
There is also LARPs, Live Active Role Plays, they are well organized, use foam weapons and do take themselves seriously. It is a physical representation, an allegory of actual combat.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Back when I still drank alcohol , we would buy some beer and go down to the park and watch them battle . It was funny watching them argue with each other , one telling another he was dead , and the other saying he had a 10th level magic shield around him and there is no way his short sword with a +2 what ever on it could kill him .

Duncan1574

Back when I still drank alcohol , we would buy some beer and go down to the park and watch them battle . It was funny watching them argue with each other , one telling another he was dead , and the other saying he had a 10th level magic shield around him and there is no way his short sword with a +2 what ever on it could kill him .
Your arms off! Is not, Its just a flesh wound! (Holy Grail here we are!)

Winter

I've been here before
For twenty years I have been involved with a group known as the Society for Creative Anachronism. The SCA is the worlds oldest and largest historical recreation organization. It is not LARP. lol

YouTube - SCA tv spot

It looks like they went and find all of the crappiest armor they could for this spot! lol Many of us work very hard to have historically acurate armor!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Winter - I had a friend in that. He ended up stopping due to some "politics" he says. I thought about joining up but I have no time. I do hear they have some good mead at the events though.

Winter

I've been here before
Or, like my Rabbi says, put two Jews in the same room and you'll have three opinions! lol