MM Topic Restricted access ideas

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
We have a section that is set up for verified Masons. In order to see if this section is worth while, I'd like to get some feedback and ideas on what the users would like to see there. Post your ideas here!

Winter

I've been here before
You know. I kept forgetting that was there. What standard will we use for access?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have seen two different ways , one site asks a series of questions another asks for a scan of dues cards .

With dues cards , they can be E-MAILED to me and after verification , I can run them through my government shredder that over rights it several times and it can not be recovered .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
So who's list of approved jurisdictions?
I'm tempted to give a smarty pants answer, but I'll let Ashlar answer that. :D

Edit- The easy answer would be for me to say whichever is recognized in the forum owners jurisdiction. However, there are ways of working around that one would think.

edwmax

I have seen two different ways , one site asks a series of questions another asks for a scan of dues cards .

With dues cards , they can be E-MAILED to me and after verification , I can run them through my government shredder that over rights it several times and it can not be recovered .
What is your email? or PM it to me.

edwmax

.... .
I use a set of questions then look for indications the answer are from a cipher or Duncan. If I have a doubt, or the petitioner is put off with my questions, then I ask for a copy of his card. Most of the other admins at MM.com just ask for the card.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I use a set of questions then look for indications the answer are from a cipher or Duncan. If I have a doubt, or the petitioner is put off with my questions, then I ask for a copy of his card. Most of the other admins at MM.com just ask for the card.
Bro. Ed challenged me with those questions, and although our jurisdictions are slightly different, it was a good test.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Bro Winter,

You probably have some good ideas or points to make. Please PM bro Ashlar if there are some methods youd like to share. I think this would be best in order to keep things private while we are planning our options out.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
While the head shed works on the security issues, what kind of things should go into these restricted access areas? Ideas?