MM Topic Restricted access ideas

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
With such a super cool restricted section, is this where all the interesting discussion will take place? Leaving the open sections lacking?

edmax, not everyone rushes their EA's and FC's through the degrees. And many Lodges conduct business in the EA degree to allow them to participate. And some even give EA's full voting rights.
I think at many Lodges open in MM because it is an easier & shorter opening.

With such a super cool restricted section, is this where all the interesting discussion will take place? Leaving the open sections lacking?

edmax, not everyone rushes their EA's and FC's through the degrees. And many Lodges conduct business in the EA degree to allow them to participate. And some even give EA's full voting rights.
Same here in MD, I have attended many Stated Communications as an EA and FC, of course we are excluded from voting, and are not issued dues cards until we are raised, but having sections for each degree would help those in them to converse and study their respective degrees.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Same here in MD, I have attended many Stated Communications as an EA and FC, of course we are excluded from voting, and are not issued dues cards until we are raised, but having sections for each degree would help those in them to converse and study their respective degrees.
I've seen separate sections on other forums for EAs and FCs and they just don't get any traffic. Even if it's a restricted section, you still can't post a lot of things and as an EA or FC you may not know exactly where that line is.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Participation is a cabletow issue. That is why I only belong to 1 Masonic forum.
I agree with you Russ. I belong to a couple of others- but this is the only one that I am really "active" on.

Forums are like lodges. You have to join the one you are most comfortable with or you won't get as much out of the experience. This is "home".

2SONDAD

Other forums that have those sections do pretty well. Although, participation is dependent on those who contribute to discussions. Unless we are experiencing a rare lull here, I don't see how adding more sections will increase anything.
Bro. Gary, I think you are also correct. One of the things I love about this forum compared to some others is that we all "meet on the level" here and having another partitioned section won't add to the discussions or to the cast of great characters that we have and learn from.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Participation is a cabletow issue. That is why I only belong to 1 Masonic forum.
For some yes, for others it's a matter of not wanting to say anything. They do plenty of reading though, and that's all I'll say about that! :rolleyes:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Bro. Gary, I think you are also correct. One of the things I love about this forum compared to some others is that we all "meet on the level" here and having another partitioned section won't add to the discussions or to the cast of great characters that we have and learn from.
Sadly, there hasn't been much in the way of educational material on this forum for quite some time. It's not for a lack of trying, it's a matter of participation. Personally, at this point in the game I refuse to even bother with it anymore. There are more hits for discussions regarding rings, aprons, and other mundane topics than anything. Those hold absolutely no interest for me. I do agree that we have a special group of men here. Unfortunately several have left for greener pastures as Masonic Buffalo often do.

If the discussions remain as they are, so be it. We will continue to have tumbleweeds rolling around until the tide changes again. I'm good with that.

2SONDAD

Sadly, there hasn't been much in the way of educational material on this forum for quite some time. It's not for a lack of trying, it's a matter of participation. Personally, at this point in the game I refuse to even bother with it anymore. There are more hits for discussions regarding rings, aprons, and other mundane topics than anything. Those hold absolutely no interest for me. I do agree that we have a special group of men here. Unfortunately several have left for greener pastures as Masonic Buffalo often do.

If the discussions remain as they are, so be it. We will continue to have tumbleweeds rolling around until the tide changes again. I'm good with that.
OK, you have me reconsidering my response. If it is for educational purposes and needs to be tyled, then I am all for it. I wish to learn as well as socialize.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I read on here everyday. However I am a man of few words most of the time.
I understand, but this isnt a newspaper. A discussion forum is dependent on participation. I enjoy reading as well,
But you can see what happens when everyone just reads...