Ring??

Dark Soul

I dont know if this is an appropriate question but this is my great uncle's ring and it's at least 70 years old i was wondering if anyone could help me out with the history of it thanks guys

Attachments

DesertRacer

Good eye! I would have overlooked that detail. Why would someone have a ring as such knowing they'd be moving past that degree?

Winter

I've been here before
It most likely is not intentional. I have come across many rings made by individuals who are unfamiliar with the significance of the placement of the S&C's and are just producing jewelry. Also, remember, in most jurisdictions outside of the United States a member may remain as an EA for a year or more as progression times are much slower. These jurisdictions consider the new Brother a Freemason, albeit an Apprentice. The EA there, as in my EC Lodge, attends meetings and has full voting rights in the Lodge as all business is conducted on the EA degree and they may even be allowed to wear a ring. So maybe it comes from a jurisdiction like this. But my bet is my first hypothesis.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It most likely is not intentional. I have come across many rings made by individuals who are unfamiliar with the significance of the placement of the S&C's and are just producing jewelry. Also, remember, in most jurisdictions outside of the United States a member may remain as an EA for a year or more as progression times are much slower. These jurisdictions consider the new Brother a Freemason, albeit an Apprentice. The EA there, as in my EC Lodge, attends meetings and has full voting rights in the Lodge as all business is conducted on the EA degree and they may even be allowed to wear a ring. So maybe it comes from a jurisdiction like this. But my bet is my first hypothesis.
It might also just be a tired, well worn ring :)