Ritual Knowledge

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Did anyone look up the Ritual before going through it? I know one of the members of my group that went through with me had read about the rituals, and tried to tell me. I personal didn't want to know before hand.

Green-Moo

This reminds me of knowing the sex of your baby before it's born. You can find out, but why would you want to spoil the experience of discovering for yourself?

cemab4y

I did not

The rituals of Masonry have been published for many decades. It is possible, therefore, for a man to study the rituals, prior to experiencing them in lodge. But it is much more meaningful, to go into the lodge room, unprepared, and to complete the rituals traditionally.

I went back and reviewed. some of the material, afterwards, for my own personal enrichment.

chocoguy

I think that the studying the rituals is a must for any mason. Knowledge is power and this also goes to masons.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I didn't want to ruin the experiance so I reframed from reading ahead . I also know some who has . I was watching a MM degree and the candidate was about 4 or 5 words ahead of the Master while giving his obligations .

RoughAshlar

I read quite a bit before I decided to join, but my impression of what I read was nothing like what I actually went through. Although I was very skeptical of everything I read back then, especially what came from the internet.