Saints Alive

goomba

My little sister went to the Saints Alive anti-Masonic site and called me tonight talking about craziness. She thinks we are lying to her and that site is the only source of valid truth. Please pray for her to see past that stupidity.

goomba

I sent her a list of valid info and am going to let her borrow my copy of Freemasonry for Dummies. I got her attention when I "would NAME OF GRANDFATHER 1 and NAME OF GRANDFATHER 2 belong to a group like the one being described on that website?" I then told her to stay away from that and Ephesians 511 if she wanted good information or to read them if she wanted the crap scared out of her.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Part of the problem, in my opinion as a Mason and father, is there is a distinct lack of training in critical thought and logic in our young people. When I read statements that begin with, "It is well known that..." my first reaction is my BS detector going off. We need cultivate the skills of critical thinking, logic and the skills required to do proper research.

One of the events in my daughter's development that made me very proud of her was when she came home from Leslie University with an assignment to write a paper for her Cultural Anthropology course on a subculture in the US. She asked me if it would be OK for her to do the paper on Freemasonry. I arranged for a series of interviews for her with several men I admire in Masonry including a Past Grand Master. If you would like a copy of the paper for your daughter to read, just let me know where to send it. On second thought, I realized there's a copy buried on my lodge's web server. Here's a link to it http://ancientyorklodge.org/Archive/Ethnography_paper.html

She didn't get everything right, but she did get an A. :)

Winter

I've been here before
It is always easier to believe a fantastical lie than a simple truth. Sites like Saints Alive and Ephesians 5:11 show their true colors and are obviously horrible Christians since I seem to remember something about not bearing false witness or testimony. Maybe they should worry more about the beam in their eye before they start being concerned with the mote in mine. Just sayin. And you can't even have a civil discussion with fanatics like those because they start foaming at the mouth.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
It is always easier to believe a fantastical lie than a simple truth. Sites like Saints Alive and Ephesians 5:11 show their true colors and are obviously horrible Christians since I seem to remember something about not bearing false witness or testimony. Maybe they should worry more about the beam in their eye before they start being concerned with the mote in mine. Just sayin. And you can't even have a civil discussion with fanatics like those because they start foaming at the mouth.
But the frothing is the best!

goomba

What tickles me is Masonry has enhanced my love of Christianity more than I can explain. Not because the lodge has secret knowledge but it makes you think and look in to knowing.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
What tickles me is Masonry has enhanced my love of Christianity more than I can explain. Not because the lodge has secret knowledge but it makes you think and look in to knowing.
Exactly as it was designed to do. Enhancing ones faith by learning to use Freemasonrys tools to gain light.