Should i make contact?

UFO

On June 21st i put in my petition and gave my check (for the background and degree fees) and i was told that my petition would be read at lodge on the 28th of June. My check was cashed on the 29th, so i imagine the petition was accepted. When i turned it in, i was told that it had to sit for 30 days until it could be voted on and in the meantime it would be turned over to the IC who would do the background and the home visit. That was the last i heard. I havent heard anything about the home visit or anything since the day i turned in my petition. Next weekend will mark the 30 day period and im going out of my head wondering whats up.
So my question, should i contact the lodge secretary, just to touch base and ask? Or should i just keep my mouth shut for now?
Thanks!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
In my jurisdiction a petition has to lay over 28 days after it is read, to give the IC time to do their job. It looks as if the 30 day period will not be up until the 28th of July at which time the IC will make its report and the lodge will vote on your petition (unless the lodge should happen to go "dark" or not meet during the summer) at which time the Secretary will get in contact with you with the result of the vote. I understand your excitement, but you need to allow the lodge to get all the things done that need to be done. Patience, my friend, is a virtue at this time.

UFO

Thanks for the info.... I actually just got the call this morning for the home visit.... Exciting times!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Congratulaions!!! When the Investigation Committee has asked all the questions they need to, don't be afraid to ask questions of them. They should be able to answer any of your questions and if they can't they will tell you so. Also if you are married or have a significant other, I would hope you have them attend the home visit as they need to be on board with your decision to petition to join the Fraternity.

UFO

Looks like it went well! I was contacted by the lodge secretary a few hours after the meeting and told ill be receiving my EA on September 18th!