Should Masons have firearms?

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Most guys on the job, myself included when I was, think it is stupid to mark your vehicle in any way that identifies it as being driven by a LEO. Retired guys I can understand.
Nothing like making your personal vehicle a target... and putting your spouse and kids in harms way if someone wants to take out their aggression on your vehicle while they are driving.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Hmmm. 50 rounds. That's 2.5 days at the range with my Chunk Gun. (58" long, 50.5 caliber, black powder, shoots supported prone). Sometimes if I get off my 20 rounds practice in less than the usual 4 hours, the range officer accuses me of rapid fire!

I am really in fear of the time I'm coming back from a shoot and a naive LEO stops me to tell me about a broken tail light lens or something, and asks, "You don't have any guns or explosives in the car do you?"

"Um, just go ahead and call SWAT..."

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Hmmm. 50 rounds. That's 2.5 days at the range with my Chunk Gun. (58" long, 50.5 caliber, black powder, shoots supported prone). Sometimes if I get off my 20 rounds practice in less than the usual 4 hours, the range officer accuses me of rapid fire!

I am really in fear of the time I'm coming back from a shoot and a naive LEO stops me to tell me about a broken tail light lens or something, and asks, "You don't have any guns or explosives in the car do you?"

"Um, just go ahead and call SWAT..."

S&F
LOL... Actually, I've been stopped by LEO, and been asked the same question. Luckily he was cool about it.