Stamped concrete?

Mortarfan

Anyone ever do stamped concrete for yourself? We are going to be pouring a big pad out back off the back deck. I want some sort of design on it.
How easy or hard is it?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have not done it myself but have seen it done , looks nice if it is done correctly .

(Note : Moved to Homelife section as it is off topic in that it is not about Freemasonry )

Mortarfan

Thanks for moving, I was asking a mason question so I figured it went somewhere up on the top. Didn't quite fit into the ask a mason either.

Should there be a section about actual masonry work?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It's no problem what so ever .

We are speculative Freemasons , not operative stone , brick and block masons . Those are two different animals all together . Though their may be/have been some brothers on here who are/were , but to my knowledge I don't think there has been any , and we may or may not know anything about laying brick or block , but I would say for the most part that we would not since we come from many different work backgrounds .

I did work as a laborer for my brother's masonry company for awhile , but moved on to work on towboats when I seen I was not going to be getting a steady paycheck . I can lay block/brick on a straight run , strike joints , float walls extra , extra . But that is as far as my own masonry expertise ends . I couldn't work a lead , do arches , basket weaves or coined corners . I left that up to my brother and his true masons . But if you need a batch of mud mixed up , you need scaffolding erected and the boards raised when it's time , brick/block stocked or you need me to shake the boards for you then I am your man .

Mortarfan

I guess I don't know what free masons are? Sorry!

Hey I've even helped put up scaffolding and I have mixed mud too. I can even lay bricks and block but it's nothing too great.

I hope some people have some great tips on stamped concrete soon.

Junior

I like the look of the stamped concrete too. If I remember right, our local Wally World has concrete that looks like it's stone with ridges and small rises in it. It's pretty cool and I was wondering how they did it. I thought they had a mold or something they put on top of it and let it set. Shows what I know doesn't it.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Usually, you let the concrete partially set up, put a release agent and a top color if you want on the concrete and then use a pattern made out of some kind of flexible material, set it on a section, walk on it (they are heavy enough to take the walking on) to push it into the concrete, pull the pattern up, move it and repeat. Multiples of the same pattern makes it go much faster. I don't know, but the patterns might be available from a rental center????? I've seen ones that look like flagstone and others that looked like brick.