Star Wars and Charity

Winter

I've been here before
Brothers and Guests,

One of my hobbies (of the too many that I have) is Star Wars costuming with the 501st Legion, Vader's Fist! We are the worlds largest SW costuming organization and recognized by LFL (now Disney). But building screen accurate costumes from scratch isn't the end of what we do. We use our costumes to brighten the days of children wards in hospitals and to raise money for charity. We are "bad guys doing good." I just finished a new costume, a TIE fighter pilot. This has taken me about 8 months to build. Every part (aside from me not having the physique of a starving actor in the 1970's) is 100% identical to the pieces seen in the original Star Wars trilogy.

If you want to see more of the 501st check out these links.

http://www.501st.com/

Attachments

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Great Winter, just great. Isn't it bad enough that people think we are controlling the world? Now they'll think we're controlling the galaxy. We don't need that kind of publicity........

Seriously, that really is great!! I had no idea such an organization existed and did such fantastic work with kids.

(I also realize that Vader's Fist! isn't a Masonic organization and even if it were, Vader is surely a cowan. I know because I checked to see if the 501st was recognized and it isn't. :evillaugh: )

Winter

I've been here before
There are actually quite a few of us who are Freemasons in the 501st Legion. We even have our own patch.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
There are actually quite a few of us who are Freemasons in the 501st Legion. We even have our own patch.

Well then, I guess the conspiracy theorists have just had fuel added to the fire.......first the galaxy and then the universe.;)

TD5762

Hey Brother, do you actually have patches made? I'm I.E. Squad/SoCal Garrison. I would love to rock that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Weese

My wife and I are having our TK and Tie pilot kits made. I'm also working on a Savage Opress. Does the Freemason Legion have a Facebook or web presence?
S&F
Dave Weese
Ashburn-Sterling #288
Ashburn, Virginia