Starfleet International

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Found "A Small Matter of Faith", a TOS comic book that has a Chaplain character. Also a uniform site has one Chaplain dress uniform shown.
Love the badge and it does follow the Chaplain corps history of identifying chaplains with a cross, the British military has others (Hindu) and the US Army has a few more (Jewish & Muslim) and I own collar pins of all of those.

Given Roddenberry's stand on religion the lack of religion is not surprising.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Winter,

I haven't used a sewing machine since High School, and I doubt my mother would want to do it. LOL Paying someone to taylor and dye the super stretch spandex is not in my budget. It doesn't look like the easiest stuff to work with.

Although the patterns are cheap enough. Are the Cosplayski one's really that cheap of a knock off? I know they probably aren't screen canon but... For as often as I'll wear the uniform... Jes sayin'
If money were no object I'd have a closet full of screen accurate uniforms.

If you are interested, I would be willing to go in on a group buy for fabric etc, if you are doing the work yourself. I could Trek down there and help you make them. ;)

Winter

I've been here before
Only the season 1-2 jumpsuits were spandex. The cast complained at length about the costumes. The season 3-7 two-piece costumes are actually a wool suiting. And if you have no experience with a sewing machine then the CosplaySky route is probably your best bet! lol

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Ive used one but its been years. My concern is the price vs. quality.

What do you estimate the cost to be if you made one? I may be able to talk my mom into making it. She use to make clothing all the time.

Winter

I've been here before
It all depends on your luck in sourcing materials. Making a screen accurate costume from scratch is nothing to be taken lightly! You should probably go with the CosplaySky one. lol

Effingham

MEDIA VITA IN MORTE SVMMVS
Found "A Small Matter of Faith", a TOS comic book that has a Chaplain character. Also a uniform site has one Chaplain dress uniform shown.
Love the badge and it does follow the Chaplain corps history of identifying chaplains with a cross, the British military has others (Hindu) and the US Army has a few more (Jewish & Muslim) and I own collar pins of all of those.
This makes me think of something. You might get a kick out of this. I'm on the TrekBBS, and this is the avatar I use there:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Im watching Trekkers 2 on Netflix, and at the con in Italy, they actually have real priests who dress in uniform for services. They wear the command maroon.

Thought that may be of interest to Bro. Duncan.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Purple, maroon are cool. I figured to research the uniform for awhile since a Con will not be in my cards this year.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
A Con may or not be in the cards for me. It's been so long since I've been to one, I'd have to research the schedules and names of ones that will be in my area. Besides, my arm will be post surgery and unusable for five months. That may make for an interesting scenario... lol

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Most people, myself included, are making preparations for MegaCon in Orlando this March.
I'll have to look that one up. My wife and I go to Orlando a lot. She is a Disney nut.

For those that are interested: http://megaconvention.com/

The prices are reasonable. The only thing you'd have to arrange are hotel reservations if you planned on staying all three days.