MM Topic stepped up a few chairs tonight

G

Gary

I went to Lodge practice tonight, as we are getting ready to initiate two EA's on the 19th. When I got there the District Instructor was there to help us with preparations/practice.

Lo and behold the WM gets a wild hair, and decides to stick me in the SD seat. (I'm the JS). While I can do the opening and closing of the Lodge in every seat, except WM & SW, I've never tried to test myself on the EA degree.

I managed to demonstrate a fairly high degree of proficiency. I think I floored the DI. I know I certainly surprised myself. He said he'd never believe I'd never done it before if there weren't other brothers there to witness it.

I've got to polish the edges a bit, but I'm really proud that the WM had the confidence in me.

So on 7/19/2011 I get to have a big boy role for the big night! Woot!

Now ya need to get some theme music to set the tone when you enter the room...... do ya know any good masonic musicians;)

Oh yea... Congrats too.....:D

G

Gary

Yep I know a good one! :p

Thanks. I was just really surprised that they moved me. It's good to know I can work under pressure...LOL

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Oh Gary, did you feel a connection to your candidate? I feel that that role is a very important one but one I didn't fully realize until I guided someone.

G

Gary

Oh Gary, did you feel a connection to your candidate? I feel that that role is a very important one but one I didn't fully realize until I guided someone.

So far, I've only guided another MM during practice. I'll let you know on the 19th... ;)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I love going out visiting lodges and they need a chair filled for degree work . They never hesitate in asking me because they know I will jump at the chance to sit in any chair .

G

Gary

I guess once you learn them, and feel comfortable doing the parts, it's fun.