Stroage Hunters

Does anybody seen this show I watch every Sunday the one that aired yesterday this one couple brought a unit that had a Shriner Car Shriner hats a masonic sword and 2 rings.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Just so you know, a recent article revealed that it is scripted, and the units are usually 'salted' with interesting items.
I quit watching it.

I do ask at thrift stores for Masonic items, though.
Haven't found any rings or pins yet, but I HAVE found a couple of interesting conversations about Masonry or Eastern Star.

S&F

I don't think its fake there some units that were filled junk anther show I watch American pickers one on show they picked freemason chair last week they pick a freemason sing.

This is from the show Hardcore Pawn: Chicago. This is what happened in the show, Wayne and Randy take in some Freemasonry memorabilia from a family who believed that their house became haunted because of it. However, after they took possession of it, the store itself became haunted, to a point where it took a dangerous turn when Hymie accidentally dropped acid used for gold testing in his eye instead of eye drops, which was right next to the bottle of acid. As a result, Wayne became reluctant to buy the items for any price, as he fears for his life, but Randy, however, was still game, chalking everything up to odd coincidences.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
If you believe in hauntings or ghosts, the object itself may be possessed by a spririt. The fact that it is a masonic ring has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Sounds like a ploy for viewer ratings at the expense of Freemasonry.

Most all of the haunting BS can be explained or is coincidence anyway.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I find many if those shows like that to be disappointing. The commercials get me to watch an episode only to turn the channel half way through the program. Lol

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I miss the old HISTORY Channel before Pawn Stars , American Loggers and other "reality" shows took over . I want HISTORY , give me more Hitler and less of the other crap !!!!

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Well for one, reality shows arent documentaries about history. Thats what the original channel design was supposed to be.

Besides Pawn Stars, And American Pickers, I also like Life After People,The Presidents,The Ultimate Guide to the Presidents, Just the name a few.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
What's wrong with Pawn Stars? I already seen all the shows on Hitler.
The History Channel is supposed to be about HISTORY , it is supposed to be educational . I only used the Hitler reference as an example , give me more documentaries on the Civil War , WWI , Lewis and Clark , the wild West , Napoleon , the Revolution and the list goes on . Give me something of substance , ANYTHING other than this "reality" BS . Reality shows are the lowest denominator of TV programming . Most are scripted so it is not really reality .

I pay for cable so I can have networks such as History and Discovery Channel and their programming has turned to crap reality shows (with the exception of Dirty Jobs on Discovery which they canceled and Mythbusters , that show is educational with explosions!!!) . I at least have the History Channel 2 International , but it is a matter of time until they ruin that channel also .

As for Pawn Stars , I do not care how much they will give someone for their watch , ring , car or boat . There is nothing educational to it . It does not make you use your brain , it is a show that you can shut off your brain and sit there like a slug , and we have enough of that on TV already .

ETA: We now have shows such as those Honey Boo boo and Jersey Shore abortions !! We have these storage shows which are salted with finds to make it somewhat interesting . We have moonshiners and other reality shows that make us , who live in these areas , look like backwards illiterate Jackholes ! And the list goes on . Enough is enough , I wish I had the BBC channels so I could watch proper television programs !!!!!!

Winter

I've been here before
Reality TV has destroyed television. A very few are worth watching in my opinion like Face Off. But that has more to do with my hobby as a prop and costume builder than anything else. History Channel is worthless now. As are many others.

And if you ask me, anyone who keeps their eyedrops next to a bottle of acid in containers that are not readily distinguishable deserves what they get.

Haunted Masonic regalia? Hahahaha. That's not how dybukks work. LoL