Sword

folsome

We are selling my grandparents house and when we were digging though the house we came across a sword. i did some poking around and it seems to have some of the same symbols on it that the york rite use but i cant seem to figure out what they are. My grandfather never talked about the sword or anything to do with being a mason when we brought the sword to my father he had no idea what it was these are some pictures of the sword
IMG_0192.gif IMG_0193.gif IMG_0190.gif IMG_0189 (2).jpgIMG_0191.gif

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I think your Grandfather was a Knight Templar and that was his sword. I bet you'll also find his regalia (uniform) carefully stored somewhere, too. These things aren't terribly valuable to sell used, but I'm sure there's a man going through the York Rite who could use them and your Grandfather would be happy to see a brother treasure them.

Effingham

MEDIA VITA IN MORTE SVMMVS
I have to second what Windrider said. It's always nice to see these things in continued service rather than tossed or gathering dust. I know some Lodges have a small supply of older swords left them by past members for new people to use.