Thanks mom now he is scared!

Tom

My son is 4 and my mom told him that the tooth fairy was going to visit his cousin Anna who is 6. My son, not understanding asked what the tooth fairy was. So my mom explained the tooth fairy comes in your room and takes the tooth from under your pillow and leaves a dollar. Most kids would think this is a magical thing and love it right? Not my son! He came home and we put him to bed, next thing I know he is screaming and crying. I go in and ask why and he says "I don't wanna go to sleep the tooth fairy is going to get me". Needless to say it was vary hard for me to sympathize with him becuase all I wanted to do was laugh at the situation. It took and hour for me to calm him down and the whole time my wife was in the next room laughing! It has been a week and he still thinks the tooth fairy is going to get him! Thanks MOM!

sukie

Poor little thing! You need to show him some pictures of fairies like Tinkerbell or let him watch some animation of gentle girlie fairies so that he associates them with pleasant things. My 9 year old grandson just admitted that he stopped believing in the tooth fairy a while ago. Sad!

Tom

Thank you for the advice! I will surely do that. I have also rented "the tooth fairy" with 'the rock' in it so maybe him seeing a funny movie will help. My wife has Tinkerbell things I am sure she would love for me to suggest him looking at. All I want is him not to be afraid anymore.