The Catholic Church and Freemasonry

MythicalCaesar

On Tuesday, May 26th, Atlanta's Gate City Lodge #2 will present "The Catholic Church and Freemasonry." In a presentation approved by the Archbishop of Atlanta, Most Rev. Wilton D. Gregory, Catholic Deacon John J. McManus will speak on the historical relationship between the Catholic Church and Freemasonry. Among the topics covered in the presentation will be age old rifts, Papal Bulls and the Catholic Church's current stance on Freemasonry. Dinner 6:30PM. Presentation 7:30PM. Friends, family and the public are welcome to attend. We meet at the Atlanta Masonic Center (formerly The Atlanta Masonic Temple) 1690 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309

This is the 5th installment of our 2009 Religion and Culture Series. Hope to see you guys there. Also, we're going to make this event available on YouTube afterwards for the Brethren who can't make it. If anyone wants to come please RSVP at rsvp@gatecity2.org.

You can also find information about this event and many others on Freemasonry For Dummies. Along with this website that I frequent, its a good source of information too. Thanks for allowing me the room to post.

MythicalCaesar

Thanks Brethren for showing your support. For the ones that came to the event, I hope you had a good time. I will make sure to get the video posted up later on so that the Brethren out of town can see it. Thanks again Brethren for your support and hopefully we can see you at some of our other events.

drhippensteel

I would dearly love to see that video as well! Have heard many things about how the Church hated Freemasonry and it would be interesting to see what is said now.

G

Gary

Ditto on the interest in seeing the video. I've read/heard the church has changed it's stance, but would love to see what they have to say first hand.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I would dearly love to see that video as well! Have heard many things about how the Church hated Freemasonry and it would be interesting to see what is said now.
Ooohhh, Dr. Hipp, let's be a bit more careful with our language here. The Catholic Church does not 'hate' Freemasonry. It merely finds that membership in Freemasonry is incompatible with their own teachings and observances. It is true that there are those Catholics who feel that it is so incompatible that one cannot have membership in both, but for the most part, Masons and Catholics get along just fine. Here in my town, for instance, there is a long history of the Knights of Columbus and the Masons working together on community projects. This wouldn't be possible if the Church hierarchy would not allow it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ooohhh, Dr. Hipp, let's be a bit more careful with our language here. The Catholic Church does not 'hate' Freemasonry. It merely finds that membership in Freemasonry is incompatible with their own teachings and observances. It is true that there are those Catholics who feel that it is so incompatible that one cannot have membership in both, but for the most part, Masons and Catholics get along just fine. Here in my town, for instance, there is a long history of the Knights of Columbus and the Masons working together on community projects. This wouldn't be possible if the Church hierarchy would not allow it.
Very true . Good catch Patrick .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Video?

Did the video ever get made? I looked for the title on YouTube, but I saw only the usual hate-mongers...

S&F

Don

Did the video ever get made? I looked for the title on YouTube, but I saw only the usual hate-mongers...

S&F
I'm glad I read all the way to the bottom and saw your post.
I'd also like to know if the video got posted. I would be very interested in watching it.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I'm glad I read all the way to the bottom and saw your post.
I'd also like to know if the video got posted. I would be very interested in watching it.
Searched YouTube for "Freemasons have infiltrated the Catholic Church:"

Freemasons Conspiracy Against the Catholic Church
Why Freemasons Hate the Catholic Church
Catholic Church Condemns Freemasonry
Freemasons have infiltrated the Catholic Church
Communist and Freemasonic infiltration of the Cath. Church
Freemasonic Agent Implanted into the Catholic Church

Doesn't look like it ever got posted...

S&F