The Location of King Solomon's Temple

Eulalio Eguia

I have written a blog on where I believe the Temple of King Solomon is located:
http://shugborough.info/blogs_read.php?blogid=28&blogpage=1&secid=-1#top1

It is known that the Red Heifer altar is located at the "top" of the Mount of Olives, and is due East of the Temple.

I believe the Red Heifer altar was built on a threshing floor in the Mount of Olives, similar to the Temple of Solomon which was built on the threshing floor of Araunah.

The sedimentary rock area of the Mount of Olives is an ideal place for threshing floors. So I looked for the highest elevation in this area of the Mount of Olives to locate where the Red Heifer altar was built. This is how I determined where I believe to be Solomon's Temple location. Please read more in my blog, and thank you.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
When I visited Jerusalem a few years ago, I thought I was told the "Western Wall" aka "Wailing Wall" was the last remaining structure of the Temple. Perhaps I was misled.

Eulalio Eguia

One should ask ask why the gate located at the southern wall of the Temple Mount (which I labeled the inner Huldah gate) is located so close to the gate located at the Robinson's arch (which I labeled the Kiponus gate), when one gate in this vicinity would have sufficed.

My diagram of Herod's Temple clearly shows you why: The gate located at Robinson's arch is used exclusively by Gentiles to enter the Court of the Gentiles, while the gate located at the Southern wall of the Temple Mount is used exclusively by Jews.